+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions when landing

Tom1144

Oct 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

This is more for my own information than anything else. I landed recently and all went well (finally done!). But one unexpected thing happened where the officer asked me how much money I was bringing with me to immigrate to Canada. I thought this was weird because I applied and was accepted under CEC where there was no proof of funds requirement. She didn't indicate that I needed any minimum, it just seemed like I had to answer the question.

I asked a couple other recent PRs about this and they didn't receive a similar question. Has anyone else had this experience and know what it's about? I guess part of me is worried something negative could come out out of it, but I don't see what considering I've officially landed.

Thanks,
Tom

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
there is no minimum requirement for CEC but still the officer can ask you this question.

Dont worry about it once you complete your landing and out you are done.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Tom1144 said:
Hi everyone,

This is more for my own information than anything else. I landed recently and all went well (finally done!). But one unexpected thing happened where the officer asked me how much money I was bringing with me to immigrate to Canada. I thought this was weird because I applied and was accepted under CEC where there was no proof of funds requirement. She didn't indicate that I needed any minimum, it just seemed like I had to answer the question.

I asked a couple other recent PRs about this and they didn't receive a similar question. Has anyone else had this experience and know what it's about? I guess part of me is worried something negative could come out out of it, but I don't see what considering I've officially landed.

Thanks,
Tom
You are all good Tom. Start preparing for the next leg of your journey...Citizenship :)