+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions to expect for interview??

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
My husband's application is completed 8 months later!!! Soo relieved and excited. He does however need to attend an interview... We want to prepare as much as possible. What kind of questions do they normally ask and how long does the average interview take?

Thanks!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
My husband's application is completed 8 months later!!! Soo relieved and excited. He does however need to attend an interview... We want to prepare as much as possible. What kind of questions do they normally ask and how long does the average interview take?

Thanks!
An average interview depends on case to case , ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. WHich VO ?

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
In Vancouver
If you applied inland, that is your landing interview to get your PR processed. Just bring anything they asked for in the interview letter. It is just a formality, not the kind of interview you are thinking. Congrats!

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
I need an advice too
This email came to my address now we are waiting for interview but we dont know how many days until we get a date of interview
Thank you for contacting IRCC Rome.
Please be advised that this application is currently in the queue for being interviewed in Tirana, Albania. A date has not been set yet. Please expect some time to pass before receiving notice of the next step.
If we require any additional information or a decision has been made, we will contact you.
Sincerely,
IRCC Rome

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
If you applied inland, that is your landing interview to get your PR processed. Just bring anything they asked for in the interview letter. It is just a formality, not the kind of interview you are thinking. Congrats!
So what do you mean exactly? It's not an interview for them to judge if our relationship is legit? What will happen then?

This is what the letter said:
Dear **********: This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
So what do you mean exactly? It's not an interview for them to judge if our relationship is legit? What will happen then?

This is what the letter said:
Dear **********: This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
I think as said above its a good news, its a LANDING formality interview, they do 4 all INLANDs, it will not take long only 20 to 30 mins then

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I think as said above its a good news, its a LANDING formality interview, they do 4 all INLANDs, it will not take long only 20 to 30 mins then
Oh so basically it's already been approved? What will happen at this appointment? Sorry for so many questions

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
@singleman I need an advice too
This email came to my address now we are waiting for interview but we dont know how many days until we get a date of interview
Please be advised that this application is currently in the queue for being interviewed in Tirana, Albania. A date has not been set yet. Please expect some time to pass before receiving notice of the next step.
If we require any additional information or a decision has been made, we will contact you.
Sincerely,
IRCC Rome

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Oh so basically it's already been approved? What will happen at this appointment? Sorry for so many questions
Just more likely some paper works, same as when a person physically lands here>>they have to get all paper work done , apply for PR card, SIN nos. and so on, that's what it should be..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, you've been approved. They will ask you a few questions to confirm the info on the COPR, you will sign and you will be a PR.

Reactions: tschellsi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@singleman I need an advice too
Sincerely,
IRCC Rome
Don't hijack other people's threads and don't ask the same thing over and over again. You were already answered in one of the other threads you posted in.

Reactions: Alda