+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions related to spouse

mechphd

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

My wife received her AOR on Jan 3 2021. At the time of application, she had kept me (spouse) as "non-accompanying". Our circumstances have changed and now we want to change my status to "accompanying". I have read posts outlining similar situations on this forum, and gathered that additional documents will have to be sent to IRCC and there will be recalculation of scores. My questions are as follows -

1. Compared to the draw in 2020, CRS score calculation rules have changed now to add components of French language. When her score is recalculated, will they apply new rules, or stick to the rules from 2020 ? If they apply new rules, our scores could fall drastically because we don't have French language proficiency exams.

2. Let's say we don't change anything on the application, and she waits to get her CoPR. Then, she does a soft landing, submits documentation for PR and provides the address of a friend to deliver the PR card. She flies back to India to resume her job. So now that she has the PR, can she sponsor my PR application ? If yes, can this application be done from India ? Note that she would not have worked in Canada after getting her PR.

Appreciate any insights into this.