+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions Regarding Sponsorship Forms-PMM, Need your Help

saim

Aug 2, 2008
Hi
I am new to this forum. I became Canadian PR in Nov 2005, I lived in Canada for about 30 days & got my PR & SIN cards & then I went back to Pakistan to look after & wind up my official & family affairs. Meanwhile during my stay in Pakistan, I got married in April 2006 & now have almost 17 months old baby as well. Due to certain circumstances, I have delayed my return & re-entered Canada permanently in third week of July 2008 (after almost 2 yrs & 7 months).

I want to submit both spouse & child sponsorship immediately and I have a few questions that need to be clarified before filling out sponsorship documents. Any help is greatly appreciated:-

Form: Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481)
Question # 2 (A)

Your Current Situation, Give details of your current situation and indicate how you support yourself?

● I re-entered Canada permanently in third week of July 2008 and since then I am searching for the job which may take time or matured at any time, one can not predict. How should I describe current situation, if I am unemployed at the time of submitting my sponsorship application. Do I need to submit my bank account statement of Canadian Bank or joint account statement of Pakistani bank just to indicate how can support myself and my family.

Question # 3

Your Net Personal Income, Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application

● In this context, what should I write in the said column?

Option-C printout
Make sure you include with your application the original option-C printout obtained from the CRA.

● As I remained outside Canada, recently I have submitted my tax return for the year 2005,2006 & 2007 to CRA & will get notice of assessment or option C printout in 1-2 weeks. Should I have to wait or I can submit explanation for No-Option C printout?

Form: Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5440)
Question # 7

Starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years.

● I have not worked in Canada so far, should I have to provide all employer history from Pakistan for last 5 years?

Question # 8

Have you resided in countries other than Canada? (No/Yes)

● I have visited certain countries but not resided. So answer should be no?
Question # 11

Are you currently living in Canada? Yes, Since When?

● Which date need to be entered, when first time landed in Nov 2005 or when I re-entered in Canada in July 2008? Which address need be entered mailing or residential? If I already living in Canada, still I need to provide proof of intention to re-establish in Canada? or it related if the answer is no.

Question # 15 (C)

Has your spouse/common-law partner met your children? (Yes/No)

● What does this mean, here reference is for children listed in 15 (A) or 15 (B) ?

Additional Details
At the end of page 4 of IMM 5540

On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.

● As a sponsor person, what type of additional details or evidence can be provided to prove our relationship is genuine & continuing?

Form: Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490)
Question # 16 (a & b)-Information About Marriage

Did your sponsor have to travel to your country for the marriage? (No/Yes)

If you answered “Yes” to 16 a), did someone travel with him/her?

● What do we mean by these questions? First I landed in Nov 2005, married in April 2006 & now re-entered in July 2008, so answer should be “Yes” and what about the “b” part?

Question # 24 & 25-Maintaining Contact

24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?
25. Have you visited your sponsor during the period of your relationship?

● Here we have to discuss our contacts with reference to our relationship prior to our marriage (before April 2006) or we have to discuss these contacts after my re-entry in Canada (July 2008).

Question # 26 (a)-Maintaining Contact

How do you and your sponsor communicate when you are not together?

● We used to call each other on prepaid cell phone, so don’t have any record, so what should we do in this situation?

Question # 27-Living Arrangements & Financial Support

Have you and your sponsor lived together? (No/Yes) Give dates of periods of cohabitation.

● We are living together since our marriage in April 2006 till July 2008. Need to enter this period?

Question # 30-Living Arrangements & Financial Support

Do you receive financial support from your sponsor?

● How should we respond this question as recently I re-entered Canada. We do have joint accounts in Pakistan, so she is supporting herself accordingly. Should I attach joint accounts bank statement?

Additional Details
At the end of page 4 of IMM 5590

On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.

● As a sponsored person, what type of additional details or evidence can be provided to prove our relationship is genuine & continuing?

Sorry for such a lengthy detailed queries but definitely I am looking positive response in this regard.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saim said:
Hi
I am new to this forum. I became Canadian PR in Nov 2005, I lived in Canada for about 30 days & got my PR & SIN cards & then I went back to Pakistan to look after & wind up my official & family affairs. Meanwhile during my stay in Pakistan, I got married in April 2006 & now have almost 17 months old baby as well. Due to certain circumstances, I have delayed my return & re-entered Canada permanently in third week of July 2008 (after almost 2 yrs & 7 months).

I want to submit both spouse & child sponsorship immediately and I have a few questions that need to be clarified before filling out sponsorship documents. Any help is greatly appreciated:-

Form: Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481)
Question # 2 (A)

Your Current Situation, Give details of your current situation and indicate how you support yourself?

● I re-entered Canada permanently in third week of July 2008 and since then I am searching for the job which may take time or matured at any time, one can not predict. How should I describe current situation, if I am unemployed at the time of submitting my sponsorship application. Do I need to submit my bank account statement of Canadian Bank or joint account statement of Pakistani bank just to indicate how can support myself and my family.

That is all you have since you haven't filed Canadian taxes or worked in Canada.

Question # 3

Your Net Personal Income, Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application

● In this context, what should I write in the said column?

Did you make any money in Pakistan? Tell them that you have just returned.

Option-C printout
Make sure you include with your application the original option-C printout obtained from the CRA.

● As I remained outside Canada, recently I have submitted my tax return for the year 2005,2006 & 2007 to CRA & will get notice of assessment or option C printout in 1-2 weeks. Should I have to wait or I can submit explanation for No-Option C printout?

Explain why there is no option C, since you were not a resident for taxation purposes, I can see why you are bothering to file your tax returns.

Form: Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5440)
Question # 7

Starting with your current employer, if applicable, give details of all employers you have worked for over the past five years.

● I have not worked in Canada so far, should I have to provide all employer history from Pakistan for last 5 years?

Yes

Question # 8

Have you resided in countries other than Canada? (No/Yes)

● I have visited certain countries but not resided. So answer should be no?
Question # 11

Where have you been residing for the past 2½ years, Pakistan.

Are you currently living in Canada? Yes, Since When?

● Which date need to be entered, when first time landed in Nov 2005 or when I re-entered in Canada in July 2008? Which address need be entered mailing or residential? If I already living in Canada, still I need to provide proof of intention to re-establish in Canada? or it related if the answer is no.

The date you returned.

Question # 15 (C)

Has your spouse/common-law partner met your children? (Yes/No)

● What does this mean, here reference is for children listed in 15 (A) or 15 (B) ?

N/A

Additional Details
At the end of page 4 of IMM 5540

● As a sponsor person, what type of additional details or evidence can be provided to prove our relationship is genuine & continuing?

Form: Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490)
Question # 16 (a & b)-Information About Marriage

Did your sponsor have to travel to your country for the marriage? (No/Yes)

If you answered “Yes” to 16 a), did someone travel with him/her?

● What do we mean by these questions? First I landed in Nov 2005, married in April 2006 & now re-entered in July 2008, so answer should be “Yes” and what about the “b” part?

You know your wife is supposed to be completing this form, when you went to Pakistan to get married, do any one accompany you? Brother Sister, Aunt Uncle?

Question # 24 & 25-Maintaining Contact

24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?
25. Have you visited your sponsor during the period of your relationship?

● Here we have to discuss our contacts with reference to our relationship prior to our marriage (before April 2006) or we have to discuss these contacts after my re-entry in Canada (July 2008).

Question # 26 (a)-Maintaining Contact

How do you and your sponsor communicate when you are not together?

● We used to call each other on prepaid cell phone, so don't have any record, so what should we do in this situation?

Then there is nothing you can add.

Question # 27-Living Arrangements & Financial Support

Have you and your sponsor lived together? (No/Yes) Give dates of periods of cohabitation.

● We are living together since our marriage in April 2006 till July 2008. Need to enter this period?

Yes

Question # 30-Living Arrangements & Financial Support

Do you receive financial support from your sponsor?

● How should we respond this question as recently I re-entered Canada. We do have joint accounts in Pakistan, so she is supporting herself accordingly. Should I attach joint accounts bank statement?

Yes

Additional Details
At the end of page 4 of IMM 5590

● As a sponsored person, what type of additional details or evidence can be provided to prove our relationship is genuine & continuing?

Sorry for such a lengthy detailed queries but definitely I am looking positive response in this regard.

Thank you

PMM

khj

May 12, 2014
IMM 5440 QUESTION 10: WERE YOU YOUR SELF SPONSORED TO CANADA AND WHAT TYPE OF SPONSORSHIP ?

SO I CAME TO CANADA UNDER MY PARENTS AS A LANDED IMMIGRANT AND MY DAD APPLIED FOR IMMIGRATION FOR ALL OF YOU MY MOM MY SIBLINGS AND ME?

SO WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?