+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding police check and reference letter

kreop

Nov 26, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of applying via EE and I was planning on getting a reference letter and police check before the ITA phase to prevent any future delays. I have a few questions:

1. I've seen posts regarding reference letters AND job description letters. Do I need both, or only a reference letter?

2. Is this a good template for a reference letter? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

3. I am planning on getting a police check as well, however I am unsure if I need one from my home country. I have been living in Canada for the past 8 years (22 years old), and I occasionally visit my home country. I last visited 2 years ago for 5-6 months (I can't quite remember from the top of my head, but I can probably dig up the actual dates). Do I require one?

Thank you for all the help.

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of applying via EE and I was planning on getting a reference letter and police check before the ITA phase to prevent any future delays. I have a few questions:

1. I've seen posts regarding reference letters AND job description letters. Do I need both, or only a reference letter?
This is basically one and the same thing. Your experience letter with description of your roles & responsibilities alongwith other required details as mentioned in the template in your point no 2.
2. Is this a good template for a reference letter? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/
Perfect
3. I am planning on getting a police check as well, however I am unsure if I need one from my home country. I have been living in Canada for the past 8 years (22 years old), and I occasionally visit my home country. I last visited 2 years ago for 5-6 months (I can't quite remember from the top of my head, but I can probably dig up the actual dates). Do I require one?
I think you would not need a PCC from your home country since you have been living in Canada since your 18th bday (though you have mentioned its last 8 years). However if your stay in your home country was 6 months or more you would definitely need one from there. However a confirmation from any other senior member would be good here.

Thank you for all the help.
See my comments in RED above.