+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding PGP 2021 announcement

rkdgus7585

Apr 19, 2019
Hi there,

Just realized IRCC has released the details about the 2021 Parents and Grandparents invitation.

I did not submit any application last year but I noticed they have opened another 30k people who had submitted last year,

Any idea when about application would be possible for those who didn't submit last year and want to submit a new application in 2021? it just seems a bit unfair that they are only reaccepting people from last year, not for those who have missed..

Another quick question, I have had no job during the past 4 to 5 months due to covid, and Im aware I need certain income to be eligible to apply, it would be no problem to exceed bare minimum requirement as long as I get a job soon but if new application occurs around end of this year, would I not be eligible to apply? (I am hoping to get a job by around mid September)

Thank you and let me know

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

Just realized IRCC has released the details about the 2021 Parents and Grandparents invitation.

I did not submit any application last year but I noticed they have opened another 30k people who had submitted last year,

Any idea when about application would be possible for those who didn't submit last year and want to submit a new application in 2021? it just seems a bit unfair that they are only reaccepting people from last year, not for those who have missed..

Another quick question, I have had no job during the past 4 to 5 months due to covid, and Im aware I need certain income to be eligible to apply, it would be no problem to exceed bare minimum requirement as long as I get a job soon but if new application occurs around end of this year, would I not be eligible to apply? (I am hoping to get a job by around mid September)

Thank you and let me know
Only those who entered the pool last year will be considered this year. There is no application process this year for individuals such as yourself who did not submit an entry into the lottery last year. You will need to wait until next year.

There no issues having no job for 4-5 months as long as your income for the full calendar year meets or exceeds LICO. You will need to meet LICO this year in order to qualify to apply next year.

Reactions: YVR123