+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Parents PR Sponsorship

Julian.

Sep 8, 2016
1st Question:

Can we use our Canadian income as non-permanent residence as the first few years of the 3 years income requirement to sponsor parents?

For example, my brother is currently under post graduate work permit (non- permanent residence) but he has Canadian income for 2018. Can he use that income as the first year of the 3 years to sponsor his parents? He is applying for permanent residency this year. Or the only income that can be counted for the 3 years are the income when he is already a permanent resident?

2nd question:

Can we sponsor our married parents separately. Let's say I sponsor my mother only, and my brother sponsor my father only? So we both just meet the income requirement for 2 family members each. Or my parents have to be sponsored together by only 1 of us, and that person have to meet the income requirement for 3 family members?

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1st Question:

Can we use our Canadian income as non-permanent residence as the first few years of the 3 years income requirement to sponsor parents?

For example, my brother is currently under post graduate work permit (non- permanent residence) but he has Canadian income for 2018. Can he use that income as the first year of the 3 years to sponsor his parents? He is applying for permanent residency this year. Or the only income that can be counted for the 3 years are the income when he is already a permanent resident?

2nd question:

Can we sponsor our married parents separately. Let's say I sponsor my mother only, and my brother sponsor my father only? So we both just meet the income requirement for 2 family members each. Or my parents have to be sponsored together by only 1 of us, and that person have to meet the income requirement for 3 family members?

Thank you!
Yes, and No, respectively.

Reactions: Julian.