Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hello everyone,

I have 2 questions that hoping someone here can give me some insights.

1. When I apply for the insurance, do I have to pay for the insurance even though they're not here yet just for the application process ? It's just confusing to me to waste paying a few months of insurance while waiting for the application process .

Also , what if their application get denied , will I be able to get refunded from insurance company ?

2. My mom got diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. She went under chemo and have been on medication since then and will be off med next year. So she's cancer-free. I am just wondering if super visa insurance cover for any of the follow ups for the breast cancer treatment ? Most insurance I read up only covers for accidental incidence.

3. Which companies are reliable the most for the super visa insurance ? Can it be any type of insurance as long as it's from Canadian company with 100k coverage or does it need to have the name "super visa insurance" in it ?

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I have 2 questions that hoping someone here can give me some insights.

1. When I apply for the insurance, do I have to pay for the insurance even though they're not here yet just for the application process ? It's just confusing to me to waste paying a few months of insurance while waiting for the application process .

Also , what if their application get denied , will I be able to get refunded from insurance company ?

2. My mom got diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. She went under chemo and have been on medication since then and will be off med next year. So she's cancer-free. I am just wondering if super visa insurance cover for any of the follow ups for the breast cancer treatment ? Most insurance I read up only covers for accidental incidence.

3. Which companies are reliable the most for the super visa insurance ? Can it be any type of insurance as long as it's from Canadian company with 100k coverage or does it need to have the name "super visa insurance" in it ?

Thank you,
1. The insurance has to be paid in full for one year from the date of entry. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html You'll want to take a policy that will refund you if the visa is refused.

2. Yes, you should expect the insurance will only cover emergencies / accidents and that anything related to follow ups to a pre-existing condition will be something you will have to pay separately out of pocket.

3. I'll let others recommend a policy.

Reactions: tiffany123

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Thank you for the response!

1. The insurance has to be paid in full for one year from the date of entry. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html You'll want to take a policy that will refund you if the visa is refused.
What if my parents do not plan to stay one year ? Say they plan to stay from January 2023 - May 2023. Do I still have to pay for 1 year coverage first and then ask for the remaining months (June - Dec 2023) back from the insurance company ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response!

What if my parents do not plan to stay one year ? Say they plan to stay from January 2023 - May 2023. Do I still have to pay for 1 year coverage first and then ask for the remaining months (June - Dec 2023) back from the insurance company ?
Yes, you need to pay for the full year. See the link I provided above.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure you buy an insurance which you can be refunded for the days you are not in Canada.

Reactions: tiffany123

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Make sure you buy an insurance which you can be refunded for the days you are not in Canada.
Thank you for the suggestion ! Do you know what is the most reliable / most go-to company for the visa insurance ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the suggestion ! Do you know what is the most reliable / most go-to company for the visa insurance ?
Would stick to one of the large Canadian insurance companies. There are lots of info only about supervisa insurance options. Supervisa insurance is essentially emergency travel medical insurance but since the population who can apply for supervisas are more elderly it is more expensive than normal emergency travel medical insurance. Higher risk of accessing medical care for that population. Only requiring 100k is still pretty generous because it is easy to spend 100k when It comes to healthcare emergencies. The one big requirement for visitors on a supervisa is that they need to purchase supervisa insurance yearly if they remain in Canada.