+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding flag-poling at St. Stephens, NB (URGENT)

NibA_Abishek

Nov 25, 2019
I am planning to flagpole at St.Stephens border (smaller one) for my PGWP this December, 2019. I have completed my Masters and I have been offered my full time work. I need to get my PGWP but applying online takes a lot of time (around 114 days). So I thought of getting my work permit done from CBSA at St. Stephens border which is near to me (5 hrs of travel).

My question comes here. Does CBSA still handle applications for work permit? Do they still approve PGWP for the students who try to do flagpole? I heard from a post in Facebook that 'Malcolms Eales, Employee of IRCC' stating that 'Students should not apply for a PGWP to the CBSA at a port of entry'. Is that true? Is there any denials for anyone who tried to apply for PGWP during flagpole?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I am planning to flagpole at St.Stephens border (smaller one) for my PGWP this December, 2019. I have completed my Masters and I have been offered my full time work. I need to get my PGWP but applying online takes a lot of time (around 114 days). So I thought of getting my work permit done from CBSA at St. Stephens border which is near to me (5 hrs of travel).

My question comes here. Does CBSA still handle applications for work permit? Do they still approve PGWP for the students who try to do flagpole? I heard from a post in Facebook that 'Malcolms Eales, Employee of IRCC' stating that 'Students should not apply for a PGWP to the CBSA at a port of entry'. Is that true? Is there any denials for anyone who tried to apply for PGWP during flagpole?
There is no Malcolm Eales who works at IRCC.

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook - and I say this with no sense of irony lost when I write it anonymously on a web forum.

NibA_Abishek

Nov 25, 2019
There is no Malcolm Eales who works at IRCC.

Don't believe everything you read on Facebook - and I say this with no sense of irony lost when I write it anonymously on a web forum.
Hi K.h.p.,

Thank you for your reply to my post. I tried to find the post from Facebook and I got that post's image from my friend who also wants to do flagpole. Malcolm Eales is the Director (Temporary Resident Program Delivery, IRCC) it says in the image post. And I tried to find with the same name Malcolm Eales IRCC in google. I got that name with an address and number pointing it to an IRCC office.

Do you think this is legit or what should I do? Should I proceed to do flagpole?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So you're saying IRCC announced major policy directives on Facebook and not on their website or through official communications? I think we'd have heard a lot more about it if it were true.

NibA_Abishek

Nov 25, 2019
So you're saying IRCC announced major policy directives on Facebook and not on their website or through official communications? I think we'd have heard a lot more about it if it were true.
Hi k.h.p., Yes I find this as a fake news. But was shocked to see such a news from a post shared by the Director :) (as it says in the post). Thank you once again for the prompt reply on helping me out through this thread.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi k.h.p., Yes I find this as a fake news. But was shocked to see such a news from a post shared by the Director :) (as it says in the post). Thank you once again for the prompt reply on helping me out through this thread.
Share the post, because I highly doubt it happened. No one named Malcom Eales seems to work at IRCC.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's hard to say. It's also hard to say if that is a real policy direction, since I think we'd have heard about it here.