+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on PR renewal form

debbiewy

Nov 21, 2013
Hi everyone,

I need to renew my PR card (expires 26 Sept 2014). I've used the guides etc when filling out the form IMM5444E, but have some simple questions:

1. Contact information - My husband is Canadian but we live in Australia now. His parents live in Ottawa. Can I use their address as my residential and mailing address since the form does not allow for addresses outside of Canada (and new cards are only sent within Canada)? This also applies to telephone numbers - or can I insert my Australian mobile number? I am happy to provide my email. Please advise what addresses/telephone number I should use in my case.

2. Based on my PR card expiry date, what date would you recommend to submit my application by?

3. Personal History section - is this information based on the 5yrs prior to the PR card expiry date or the renewal application date?

4. All my identification documents (primary, secondary and additional) are in English - Do they need to all be certified? or are uncertified photocopies OK? I can only have them certified in Australia if required.

Thanks for your help,
Debbie