+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTIONS ON PR OBLIATIONS - NEED HELP PLEASE

Ponkie

Mar 21, 2012
Hi,
Firstly I would like to commend the owner of this site and to all those who take time to provide answers to the numerous questions. I think this site is a wonderful resource.

Please I have a series of questions so kindly bear with me. :D

Q1. My wife and I landed in Canada in July of 2010 (with me as principal applicant). During that visit we completed our application for the PR Card. Our cards read 17sept 2015 as the expiry date. Kindly confirm from what date the counting of 2/5 commences; is it from the date I landed (July) or is it 17 sept 2010.

Q2. After our landing we stayed for about 10days and departed Canada and have since not returned. We now have a baby who was born in the US (US Citizen) in Aug of 2010. What do I need to do now to get our child a PR status.

Q3. We plan that my wife and child will move to Canada in about April of 2013 in order meet the requirement of residing in Canada for a minimum of 730 days in 5years however, I will not be able to relocate with them because I have two aged parents who I am taking care of. My Dad is 76years and has parkinsons disease and being the first son I have the responsibility to provide financial support towards his medical treatment which is costly in addition to providing for his living expenses. My mother is 73 years, is retired and also has some medical conditions which treatment also have significant financial implications. She depends on financial support from me and my siblings for her day to day living expenses. My mom will be broken if I were to relocate to Canada given the emotional and financial support she gets from me. If I were to relocate to Canada not only will I not be financially able to take care of my parents I will be too far away from home to attend to any urgent needs of my parents.
Kindly advise what options if any do I have to retain my PR status? I have read something on this site about renewals on compassionate grounds. Does my situation qualify for that? If so is there anything I need to do now to avoid any problems in future.

Looking forward to your responses.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Hi,

Q1. It counts from your landing date, since that's exactly when you become of PR.

Q3. The reason why Canada selects immigrants (and grants them PR status) is because intended immigrants express the need and desire to immigrate and contribute to the Canadian economy and citizenship. If you had this problem, which you unfortunately do, then one premise CIC may grapple on to refuse your compassion-based reinstatement is precisely why you applied if you were aware of this family issue...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. It is from the date you landed.

2. You or your wife need to sponsor the baby for PR. If your wife moves to Canada with the child, US passport is visa exempt, she can start sponsorship of the child as soon as she is in Canada and the child will get PR. Your wife should be careful not to leave Canada for too long in the 2 years after she moves because she is cutting it close to get the 730 days. She should keep records of her stay in Canada, her flight tickets and boarding cards when arriving, rental agreements, utility bills, bank statements etc. in case she has to prove it later.

3. If your situation with your parents is resolved before your PR card expires, you can take your chances, come to Canada and see if they let you in without reporting you. If they do not report you, you can stay for a 2 full years and then apply to renew your card as you will meet the residency requirements again. If they do report you, you can appeal based on having taken care of your sick parents in your country. If the situation is resolved after your PR card expires, you apply for a travel document explaining the sick parents to the embassy. If you get it, go to Canada and continue. If you are refused and lose your PR, your wife can sponsor you back as long as she meets the requirements still.

maximus_101

Jul 22, 2012
hello..im new to this site.. regarding provincial nominee how does the processing work /go? im a nurse here in the philippines and been working
for 8 years. i have lots of friends and colleagues in edmonton canada. i applied for fsw last year but the cap was already filled. so, my next option is to apply via provincial nominee.. can u pls give me idea/s on how to start with the process? hoping for a response..thanx so much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximus_101 said:
hello..im new to this site.. regarding provincial nominee how does the processing work /go? im a nurse here in the philippines and been working
for 8 years. i have lots of friends and colleagues in edmonton canada. i applied for fsw last year but the cap was already filled. so, my next option is to apply via provincial nominee.. can u pls give me idea/s on how to start with the process? hoping for a response..thanx so much
I do not know why you are posting your question on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with your question.

You realize that if you post your question as a new topic under PNP, you would be more likely to get good replies.

In any case, if you want to look into PNP, you will need a job offer. If your friends in Edmonton can help you get a job offer, you can read about AINP here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-employer-driven-stream.aspx