+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on Photos - Print name or signature

ushaffi

Mar 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

Quick question. I am about to apply for my citizenship and had a question about the pictures and passport pages....

Do you have to sign the back of the photo or just print the applicants name? I ask this because the CIC website only mentions that one needs to print their name. but from reading the forum i know they compare signtures to the photo ID's. Does this signature comparison happen between the application form and the ID or do the Photo's also matter in this process?

Also on Passport pages: I am just including the pages that have the biographical information and not all pages. Does anyone have more insight into this?

- The other thing I am including is NOA's for the past 3 years (just learnt that from reading the forum), in addition to the letter from the employer.
- Including my transcript and diploma to prove language requirement.
- Doing the residency calculator online so that it does the math automatically.
- Not including items such as pay stubs, lease agreement, bank statements, flight records, etc.

Any other 'new' requirements based on the changed forms (from the past few months)?

You guys do a great job and are a big help to all the rookies out there.

Thank you!

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got my photos taken at sears
they stamped those with
where they were taken and
they also stamped with date on it ..

i went to MP's office and they looked at me looked at my id's and told me they do not sign them . NO ONE HAS TO SIGN IT / IT IS NOT REQUIRED BUT THEY LOOK LIKE MY ECENT PICTURES AND I WILL NOT GET ANY TROUBLE FROM CIC FOR THEM ..i did not believe her-asked my wife who is also canadian by birth to sign it ,, if they ask who sign it . i will tell my wife sign it :)
8 months and nothing has returned, nothing yet :(

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will require 2 photos as per specification provided in the guide with followings:

1. Stamp back of both photos which must include "Studio name, Address & Date".
2. Print Applicant's Name on the back of both photos (Printing name is not a specimen signature- just write the full name)

ma3leemz

Apr 24, 2013
Guys, another question on the pictures issue - does the studio where the picture is taken and stamped have to be in Canada? or can I take them in the USA for example?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ma3leemz said:
Guys, another question on the pictures issue - does the studio where the picture is taken and stamped have to be in Canada? or can I take them in the USA for example?
can be anywhere as long as they can print the proper size.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hmmm...I don't know what to say...but personally when the majority applicants will provide pictures taken in Canada, atleast in terms of sending visual signals to the CIC person assessing your submission, he / she might go ...

"...Now...that's odd....when everyone else has pictures from Canada...why does this person have "Canadian" citizenship pictures taken in the US ?...."

That's just my thinking...but I am sure others on here are likely to say the same thing. And think about the logic yourself...

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
us2yow said:
Hmmm...I don't know what to say...but personally when the majority applicants will provide pictures taken in Canada, atleast in terms of sending visual signals to the CIC person assessing your submission, he / she might go ...

"...Now...that's odd....when everyone else has pictures from Canada...why does this person have "Canadian" citizenship pictures taken in the US ?...."

That's just my thinking...but I am sure others on here are likely to say the same thing. And think about the logic yourself...

I do agree with you, taking pictures within canada could be an indicator that you were physically present in canada, and might give little bit weight to support one's claim. I am not really sure how much attention is given towards this aspect by CIC officer who processes citizenship applications.

Again, its individual choice.....

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ma3leemz said:
Why would you make things complicated? Even if you are in the US, when you come back to Canada to mail your application(I'm guessing you don't wanna mail your application from another country) then the same day you can take pictures and mail the package. There are some very simple steps that one can take to avoid a huge problem later on. Anyhow if you have to take your pictures in another country make suuuuuuuuuure you don't state in the application you were in Canada that day. This is the kind of mistakes they're looking for.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
somehow I don't see logic in going out of the way to choose to take pictures in US / overseas with confidence that the special needs of the citizenship picture will be respected.

Now if its like say ...I don't know...lets just say for arguments sake...someone is living in some expensive European country now..and they happen to be visiting Canada and buy clothes here or cosmetics or shoes because its WAY cheaper here for the same thing than than where they are...then doing it here and not there makes sense...

....All I am saying is for something so trivial why take pics outside Canada and give them a cause for unnecessary suspicion !

that's all / c'est tout !