+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on NOC Code for 3 years experience

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

I am little bit confused regarding 3 years experience for NOC code.

I have been working in IT industry for close to 10 years. In order to prove that I have 3 years experience, is it necessary that we should have 3 years on the same NOC code or it can be on different NOC code. For e.g. currently I am in Canada and qualify for CEC with NOC code 0213 , where previously I was having software Architect which was senior and managing resources and job duties also highlights the same. However, if I search NOC it is showing up 2173. Is there any issue?

Thanks

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

I am little bit confused regarding 3 years experience for NOC code.

I have been working in IT industry for close to 10 years. In order to prove that I have 3 years experience, is it necessary that we should have 3 years on the same NOC code or it can be on different NOC code. For e.g. currently I am in Canada and qualify for CEC with NOC code 0213 , where previously I was having software Architect which was senior and managing resources and job duties also highlights the same. However, if I search NOC it is showing up 2173. Is there any issue?

Thanks
Just an additional info in current role, I have been in the company for 2 years and 8 months with NOC code as 0213 and in previous job I have 4 years experience but job title was Software Architect.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Just an additional info in current role, I have been in the company for 2 years and 8 months with NOC code as 0213 and in previous job I have 4 years experience but job title was Software Architect.
Your NOC should match your duties and responsibilities. The job title doesn’t matter. Your 3 years experience could be a mix of NOCs as long as you can provide a reference letter based on IRCC’s requirements. My suggestion is when you complete your 3 year Canadian work experience, calculate your CRS score, if it’s high enough to get invited, then you don’t need to add your previous roles to claim points (that could go under the personal history section) plus less documents to gather. :)

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Your NOC should match your duties and responsibilities. The job title doesn’t matter. Your 3 years experience could be a mix of NOCs as long as you can provide a reference letter based on IRCC’s requirements. My suggestion is when you complete your 3 year Canadian work experience, calculate your CRS score, if it’s high enough to get invited, then you don’t need to add your previous roles to claim points (that could go under the personal history section) plus less documents to gather. :)
This option would have been ideal. However that means I have to wait for 3 months to apply. Since I am inland and already got NOI under CEC in last draw now I have only another 45 days to submit.
I got letters from my current employer and previous employer for detail letter as required by IRCC to support 3 years.
Thanks, I have the detail job duties which is matching to NOC. But some of the NOC definition are bit tricky. Quite a or e.g. there is overlapping activities for designers (2173) and manager (0213) roles. As I was leading set of designers , my job duties indicate managing set of designers and developers in job duties. in order words it was managerial.

I got clarity that out of 3 years, if we confirm the same NOC for 1 year and rest 2 years as long as it is other qualified NOC code it should be okay. I will put the associated job code for the submission.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
NOI, meaning you got invited by a province to apply? If so, check the requirements of the province that invited you, maybe you don’t need to provide 3 years worth of experience.

as for 2173 vs 0213, only you can answer that since you have the details. For managerial NOCs, I think as long as you can demonstrate that you manage resources, this should be okay to pick.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
NOI, meaning you got invited by a province to apply? If so, check the requirements of the province that invited you, maybe you don’t need to provide 3 years worth of experience.

as for 2173 vs 0213, only you can answer that since you have the details. For managerial NOCs, I think as long as you can demonstrate that you manage resources, this should be okay to pick.
oh oh, I meant EE ITA I Meant for CEC

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
oh oh, I meant EE ITA I Meant for CEC
For CEC you only need at the minimum 1 year of Canadian work experience, it could be a mix of NOCs 0, A or B. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum -- nowhere it says you need 3 years. Calculate your score only the Canadian work experience and see if your score is higher than the minimum score for the round of invitation you got invited in. If its higher, then you can forego getting a reference letter for your other job.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Howev
For CEC you only need at the minimum 1 year of Canadian work experience, it could be a mix of NOCs 0, A or B. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum -- nowhere it says you need 3 years. Calculate your score only the Canadian work experience and see if your score is higher than the minimum score for the round of invitation you got invited in. If its higher, then you can forego getting a reference letter for your other job.
Thanks, though I qualified as CEC, but my base CRS points is based on 3+ years of experience in that 1 year as CEC. Don't I have to prove the same with relevant experience letters.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Howev

Thanks, though I qualified as CEC, but my base CRS points is based on 3+ years of experience in that 1 year as CEC. Don't I have to prove the same with relevant experience letters.
okay got it. Your CRS is based on 1 year canadian work experience and 2 year foreign work experience. If that's the case you need to provide reference letters for both.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
okay got it. Your CRS is based on 1 year canadian work experience and 2 year foreign work experience. If that's the case you need to provide reference letters for both.
Thanks. Let me continue to chase my old employer to get documents on shapre