+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on IELTS and ECA

AB_18

Sep 5, 2017
I am planning to apply for canada PR and as i have checked the eligibility for FSWP. I planning to give my IELTS exam by mid of the next month, so i have the following questions:

1. Can i go ahead and register myself with WES and get my ECA report from them even though I have not yet applied for my IELTS ?
2. Further if the answer to above question is yes, if a receive my ECA report results before my IELTS results, can i proceed ahead and start building my EE profile?

Hoping to hear from the experienced people out

Manny thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Yes.
2. You can't submit a profile until you have both ECA and IELTS results.

Reactions: AB_18

AB_18

Sep 5, 2017
1. Yes.
2. You can't submit a profile until you have both ECA and IELTS results.
Thanks alot for sharing your experience, I have one more question ECA institution is the best for evaluating my bachelors in commerce degree (Mumbai University) and Chartered accountant degree from India

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I am planning to apply for canada PR and as i have checked the eligibility for FSWP. I planning to give my IELTS exam by mid of the next month, so i have the following questions:

1. Can i go ahead and register myself with WES and get my ECA report from them even though I have not yet applied for my IELTS ?
2. Further if the answer to above question is yes, if a receive my ECA report results before my IELTS results, can i proceed ahead and start building my EE profile?

Hoping to hear from the experienced people out

Manny thanks in advance
1. Yes . Neither are inter dependant. You can do one before the other
2. You can start building your EE profile today if u wish. You just can't submit th EE till you don't have both the results with you. Also once u start an EE profile you have 60 days to submit it. It shows on your cic applications page. If it expires, you will need to create a new one. So plan your dates accordingly.

garfield82

Dec 6, 2016
Qatar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
13/08/2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
13/03/2017
AOR Received.
30/04/2017
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25/04/2017
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
27/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi All. Please help. Regarding ECA assessment is it acceptable for those who are undergraduates? like did not finish the bachelor's degree. He only reached 4 years instead of completing the Engineering course which is 5 years.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Id
Hi All. Please help. Regarding ECA assessment is it acceptable for those who are undergraduates? like did not finish the bachelor's degree. He only reached 4 years instead of completing the Engineering course which is 5 years.
Well Wes might conduct the ECA assessment but it might give the Canadian equivalency of secondary school dilploma (Indian 12th) which won't fetch significant Crs scores. You can take the Wes degree equivalency test to check what level of education he gets

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Then use this education equivalency to see how much crs it gets

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

garfield82

Dec 6, 2016
Qatar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
13/08/2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
13/03/2017
AOR Received.
30/04/2017
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25/04/2017
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
27/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Id

Well Wes might conduct the ECA assessment but it might give the Canadian equivalency of secondary school dilploma (Indian 12th) which won't fetch significant Crs scores. You can take the Wes degree equivalency test to check what level of education he gets

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Then use this education equivalency to see how much crs it gets

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
thanks a lot for this info.

AB_18

Sep 5, 2017
1. Yes . Neither are inter dependant. You can do one before the other
2. You can start building your EE profile today if u wish. You just can't submit th EE till you don't have both the results with you. Also once u start an EE profile you have 60 days to submit it. It shows on your cic applications page. If it expires, you will need to create a new one. So plan your dates accordingly.
Thanks alot for the information...could you please help on one more thing, I am trying to create my profile on WES so it asks for First name/given name what should be written in it. For eg if my name is Abhishek Anant Patel wherein Anant is my fathers name and patel is my surname, However in my passport given name is written as Abhishek Anant and surname is written as Patel. Kindly provide your suggestions

Thanks in advance.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Thanks alot for the information...could you please help on one more thing, I am trying to create my profile on WES so it asks for First name/given name what should be written in it. For eg if my name is Abhishek Anant Patel wherein Anant is my fathers name and patel is my surname, However in my passport given name is written as Abhishek Anant and surname is written as Patel. Kindly provide your suggestions

Thanks in advance.
This is a very common problem in Indian passports. It bundles up the father or the husbands name in the given names. You will need to write it exactly as in the passport. They will insist on this even when you appear for ielts . So it's preferable to write it as given names "Abhiskek Anant"

AB_18

Sep 5, 2017
This is a very common problem in Indian passports. It bundles up the father or the husbands name in the given names. You will need to write it exactly as in the passport. They will insist on this even when you appear for ielts . So it's preferable to write it as given names "Abhiskek Anant"
Thank you