+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on Good Accompanying and Goods to follow

Teja0312

Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

My wife and I got Canada PR. We are moving Canada in Next month.
We have few questions regarding Goods accompanying and good follow lists

1) My Wife is a primary applicant and I'm dependent. Do we need to create separate lists for both of us or do we need to mention our goods together in a same form?
2) I'm moving completely to Canada and my wife will be coming back to Canada after 6 months.
what forms do we need to prepare?
3) Can you please explain me about this form https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html do we need to fill this form ?
4) We have savings more than CAD 10000 in our joint bank account. Do we need to mention this in any form ?

Thanks in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. One form
2. Nothing you need to do about this.
3. You can, but you don't need to. You should have a list of your goods that you give the CBSA officer, and the officer will fill this out for you. It's easier that way since they know exactly how to fill it out.
4. No. You only need to declare cash/bonds/negotiable instruments that you are actually carrying on you, if you are carrying more than CAD10K

BTW, you have to show more money for Settlement Funds (unless you're exempt). I assume you have another account that you used to show PoF? You may be asked to show a bank statement to prove that you have the funds available to you, so make sure you can prove this if asked.

For a family of 2, you need to show $15,772.

Reactions: ShahidF

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
1. One form
2. Nothing you need to do about this.
3. You can, but you don't need to. You should have a list of your goods that you give the CBSA officer, and the officer will fill this out for you. It's easier that way since they know exactly how to fill it out.
4. No. You only need to declare cash/bonds/negotiable instruments that you are actually carrying on you, if you are carrying more than CAD10K

BTW, you have to show more money for Settlement Funds (unless you're exempt). I assume you have another account that you used to show PoF? You may be asked to show a bank statement to prove that you have the funds available to you, so make sure you can prove this if asked.

For a family of 2, you need to show $15,772.

For point number:3 >> You recommend to prepare the list in excel sheet and take 2 copies print out? Just clarifying that no need to fill B186 and B-186A.

I am landing next week and have no goods to follow. I will accompany all the stuff.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
For point number:3 >> You recommend to prepare the list in excel sheet and take 2 copies print out? Just clarifying that no need to fill B186 and B-186A.

I am landing next week and have no goods to follow. I will accompany all the stuff.
Yes, there's no need to fill out the forms. Since you have no goods following, you don't even need the list; they can check all the goods right there. Still, it's a good idea to carry the list since it may save them some time.

Reactions: ShahidF

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Yes, there's no need to fill out the forms. Since you have no goods following, you don't even need the list; they can check all the goods right there. Still, it's a good idea to carry the list since it may save them some time.
Hi,, can you help me in understanding 1 thing?
The funds which we transfer from abroad to canada , should thete ll be any tax on it? e-g we do soft landing open account and wire transfer our money to canada while living outside canada?
Is there any tax for the money which carry latter, when we shift permanently?
Regards