+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on CEC and Work Experience Proof

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Hi, i have a couple of questions regarding CEC and Work experience

I have an express entry profile put up already which was 442 points but now due to date started my points have increased to 467 but it shouldn't because i started as a part time employee. I started working in a one location as a Part-time employee (hours ranging from 20 upto 44) from 2017 October and then moved to another location of the same company on June of 2019 but this time as a full-time Employee. I am on a Post grad work permit currently. I just need an expert's opinion on how i can indicate that i still do not have two years Canadian Work Experience because my date of employment dates to 2 years ago.

Also i have another question which is about carried Part time Hours. I get paid biweekly which adds both weeks hours in one paystub. Is a reference Letter from my manager good enough to back my hours and also i now have a new manager at the new location. should i just get a new letter from the current manager stating i have work experience from the same company but a different location which almost will equal to two years work experience. and is my T4 also good enough to be used as proof of employment hours if my pay rise two times in one year.

Thank you for your time.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Don't put the part-time job in the work experience. You only get the points when you work a full-time or a part-time that over 30 hrs. If I remember. When you get ITA, they will ask you to submit pay stubs. I think they calculate the total hours in a year 1560 hours. You can work more or less but it has to add up 1560 hours

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Don't put the part-time job in the work experience. You only get the points when you work a full-time or a part-time that over 30 hrs. If I remember. When you get ITA, they will ask you to submit pay stubs. I think they calculate the total hours in a year 1560 hours. You can work more or less but it has to add up 1560 hours
I would like to add my part time experience because that will help me get 2 years work experience by next year. Because I worked part time from 2017 oct to May of 2019 which hours already totalled over 1560 hours. The immigration website indicates part time work that totals to 1560 hours is eligible, am I right?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
You need at least 1 year of continuous work experience, either full time, or an equal amount of part time, which would be 2 years.

I honestly don't remember how work history is listed, would you mind taking a screenshot of the work history section where you list your jobs? You can hide/erase your employer before taking the screenshot.

Your reference letter should mention the entire period you're working. You mentioned you worked part-time and now full-time, make sure that's reflected. Mentioning which manager is up to you. You could even have HR sign the letters. As long as you pick the right person in case IRCC calls to verify.

T4 is a good additional document, but make sure to upload payslips as they are more recent and up-to-date. I've read about several cases where IRCC requests payslips at a later stage, even though they're not required in your initial application submission.

Reactions: aabu208

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Hi, I am pretty sure work experience need not to be continuous under CEC. I failed to add the screenshots: but what it basically asks is how many hours a week and date of start and end and of course the other questions about the job title and NOC code.

Also; Will the need all my pay stubs from first day of employment to now or just a couple of them.? also i get paid biweekly,

aabu208

May 30, 2018
You need at least 1 year of continuous work experience, either full time, or an equal amount of part time, which would be 2 years.

I honestly don't remember how work history is listed, would you mind taking a screenshot of the work history section where you list your jobs? You can hide/erase your employer before taking the screenshot.

Your reference letter should mention the entire period you're working. You mentioned you worked part-time and now full-time, make sure that's reflected. Mentioning which manager is up to you. You could even have HR sign the letters. As long as you pick the right person in case IRCC calls to verify.

T4 is a good additional document, but make sure to upload payslips as they are more recent and up-to-date. I've read about several cases where IRCC requests payslips at a later stage, even though they're not required in your initial application submission.

Hi, I am pretty sure work experience need not to be continuous under CEC. I failed to add the screenshots: but what it basically asks is how many hours a week and date of start and end and of course the other questions about the job title and NOC code.

Also; Will the need all my pay stubs from first day of employment to now or just a couple of them.? also i get paid biweekly,

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON

You're right, I just checked, it doesn't have to be continuous.

If you get a field to put number of hours per week, I'm not sure how it's giving you 2 years of full time work. How many hours did you put?

Upload the payslips that you can get. Like I said they're not mandated, but you may be asked to upload them later on. Getting paid bi-weekly is common so no worries.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019

You don't need continuous work experience for your Canadian work experience when you apply under CEC. Check here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

You don't need all the pay stubs. I added 6 months of my pay stub and my T4. I have seen people just adding 3 months of pay stubs.

Aastha_chechi

Jan 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-02-2020
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Can i apply for my PR in restoration period? Actually my visa is expiring on 2 nov and my experience was about to complete on 8 October but because of some heath issues i would be completing it later... is there any way to get out of this condition. Please help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Paystubs are not required (T4s are preferred) but if you give the most recent 2-3 paystubs, that will serve as proof for 2019.

When it comes to your part-time work, however, paystubs are often requested since the FTE has to be calculated, and the paystubs will show proof of hours worked.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I would like to add my part time experience because that will help me get 2 years work experience by next year. Because I worked part time from 2017 oct to May of 2019 which hours already totalled over 1560 hours. The immigration website indicates part time work that totals to 1560 hours is eligible, am I right?
Well, not quite, but that´s OK. All part-time work that is skilled can be counted, it just has to be pro-rated. 1560 hours is the one year equivalent, but even if you only have a few weeks, you can add that to your other work experience.

Part-time work is by definition less than 30 hours per week, so you would just have to be sure to not count more than 30 hours for a given week. If you have bi-weekly paystubs, of course that means part-time is fewer than 60 hours every two weeks.

Add up all your part-time hours and divide by 30 (again, not counting more than 60 hours per pay period) and divide by 30 - that will give you the FTE number of weeks that you can count.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, i have a couple of questions regarding CEC and Work experience

I have an express entry profile put up already which was 442 points but now due to date started my points have increased to 467 but it shouldn't because i started as a part time employee. I started working in a one location as a Part-time employee (hours ranging from 20 upto 44) from 2017 October and then moved to another location of the same company on June of 2019 but this time as a full-time Employee. I am on a Post grad work permit currently. I just need an expert's opinion on how i can indicate that i still do not have two years Canadian Work Experience because my date of employment dates to 2 years ago.

Suggest listing the part-time job and full-time job separately, so that you can list your hours correctly (even though it is the same employer). But please note - IRCC´s definition of part-time is fewer than 30 hours per week - if you worked 30 - 44 hours per week, that is FULL TIME to IRCC, regardless of what your employer called it. For the purpose of the profile, you can average your part-time hours, but remember to count a maximum of 30 hours per week (or 60 hours bi-weekly) when adding up your part-time hours.

Also i have another question which is about carried Part time Hours. I get paid biweekly which adds both weeks hours in one paystub. Is a reference Letter from my manager good enough to back my hours and also i now have a new manager at the new location. should i just get a new letter from the current manager stating i have work experience from the same company but a different location which almost will equal to two years work experience. and is my T4 also good enough to be used as proof of employment hours if my pay rise two times in one year.

All pertinent information should be in the letter of reference - part-time, full-time, work locations, pay raises, along with the other required information.
See Proof of Work Experience -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Dear All, I had a question regarding work experience proof. I have 13 years of experience and all of that Is in the same NOC. I have recently change my job around 2 weeks back. Now my new employer is saying that as they haven't worked with me for significant amount of time yet, they will not be able to give me a reference letter. What should I do? I have a PNP Nomination but that was back when I was with my previous employer. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear All, I had a question regarding work experience proof. I have 13 years of experience and all of that Is in the same NOC. I have recently change my job around 2 weeks back. Now my new employer is saying that as they haven't worked with me for significant amount of time yet, they will not be able to give me a reference letter. What should I do? I have a PNP Nomination but that was back when I was with my previous employer. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

If you already have 13 years of experience (all in Canada?) then you don't need to include your current employer on your profile. You will have to include it later on your background document, if you get an ITA, on the eAPR, but you will not be asked for documents.

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I am extremely sorry. I forgot to mention that neither of it is in Canada. All the experience is outside Canada. I realised that this thread was only for CEC.