Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Does anyone know how to pick an immigration lawyer in Toronto that is reputable and will do a good job. I don't want any mistakes.

Are there any websites that offer people's advise on which immigration lawyer to pick in Toronto?

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
I don't really understand the last paragraph that you wrote to me. He is here legally.
Being here legally (as a visitor) does not entitle you to work, or health care.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
You don't really need an immigration lawyer unless there are complications, such as a criminal past, etc. All they do is fill out the paperwork for you, and you can do that yourself. You can search here or ask yourself if you have other questions. :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi guys,

I have decided that I want to hire an immigration lawyer to do all my paperwork.
I have too many questions and I do not have the time to learn about this.

I am not sure if advertising is allowed on this site but does anyone know how I can find a decent immigration lawyer. Where do I start? Is there a website that rates lawyers? How do I know if one is good or not?

Does anyone know how much lawyers charge? I am sponsoring my husband and he also needs to apply for permanent residency.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angtao said:
Hi guys,

I have decided that I want to hire an immigration lawyer to do all my paperwork.
I have too many questions and I do not have the time to learn about this.

I am not sure if advertising is allowed on this site but does anyone know how I can find a decent immigration lawyer. Where do I start? Is there a website that rates lawyers? How do I know if one is good or not?

Does anyone know how much lawyers charge? I am sponsoring my husband and he also needs to apply for permanent residency.
1. The owner of this web site is an Immigration lawyer.
2. You realize of course that you will still have to get all the paper work together and complete the information on the forms?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Do I actually have to fill everything out myself?

I can give them all the necessary info but will they guide me in how to get this stuff?

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
There are questions that require a response from you (and from the sponsored person). You are not going to be able to have anyone just fill them out on your behalf without providing the information that's asked for.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Can anyone advise how to find a good and reputable lawyer that is not going to charge you tons of money?

I have been phoning around and some people are quoting me over $5000.

Also, I heard that your MP can help. Do they help with the applications or do they refer you to someone?

My co-worker did the sponsorship and permanent residency process and his girlfriend got her PR card in 3.5 months from the time that they sent in the paperwork. He used one of the the top law firms in Canada.

Is it unrealistic to find someone that can do this for $2000-$3000?

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A number of people have done it themselves in as little as three months.

Really the only reason you need to hire an attorney is if you special circumstances that requires legal counsel.
A number of people on these forums have hired someone to help only to find they were out the money and it took much longer than necessary because of using a third party.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
angtao said:

I can give them all the necessary info but will they guide me in how to get this stuff?
You don't fill it out if you hire a lawyer, but you have to give them all the info so they can fill it out.
Plus you are the one who has to gather all the proof of a genuine relationship. The lawyer will guide you as to what is good to include, but this website also offers lots of info about what to include. It is the gathering of this proof that takes the time, not the filling out of the forms.
As well, it will be the lawyer's secretary or assisstant who will be doing most of the work. The lawyer only looks it over.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
hi seniors,

pls advise that I have conducted studies at different city while degree comes from university of wales, what should i mention on the form where it asks about city and country. and can we resize the text int he acrobat reader

regards
mrshah