+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Webinar on 13/8/2020

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Please post your questions for tomorrow's webinar so that I can ask the same to IRCC officials and hopefully we'll get some answers from them.

Cheers,
Question:- Will paper- based applications that were submitted before the lockdown in March 2020 also get AIPs?

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
My question - what if we have to register In a week For our course without an AIP? Will the college allow ? What if we cannot differ to January intake except September 2021? Anyone who can help. Or facing the same problem. What is your college saying on this.

roxy008

Jul 9, 2020
Please post your questions for tomorrow's webinar so that I can ask the same to IRCC officials and hopefully we'll get some answers from them.

Cheers,
Please ask them that if in some cases interview is required they how will they gonna to conduct it.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Let me explain, if you are applying from India or from a country where VACs are still closed, then your application will be assessed through two stage process, irrespective of the complete or incomplete status of the application. The reason for that is VACs are not only responsible for bio-metrics collection and paper applications submission, but also they accept and handle the passports which are up for stamping and return them (including the ones submitted with paper application) to their owner. IRCC don't have a mechanism of their own to do so the above mentioned processes as they outsourced it to VFS like many other nations.

Now you might be wondering what is the significance of having a complete application if it will be treated the same way as others. Here are some benefits(for Indian applicants):-
1. If you are applying through SDS stream, then your application is processed under this stream only if you submitted a complete application otherwise it will be considered a general stream application even if you meet the former's eligibility criteria.
2. Once the VACs reopen, while the others will still require to complete bio-metrics which will take longer time as there is a limit to the appointments that can be done for a day, to get the passport submission request. Whereas the complete ones will get that request without any waiting, and as per my knowledge no appointment requirement for passport submission is required. So, you will get your visa stamped earlier.
I wish it was that simple and that clear. Someone from Pakistan submitted a complete application and got an AIP even though VAC's are open in Pakistan. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-aip-stage-1-study-visa-pakistan-sds.697465/

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Any comment on these two questions shall we raise in tomorrow's webinar:
1. I am a working professional, and I have to serve my notice period to get relieved from my duties and commence my fall intake program, but till yet not received any decision from the embassy, what will be your suggestion for me on this situation, shall I quite the job and wait for AIP or defer to next intake?

2. As the moment, it seems like entire Canadian immigration is looking and targeting INDIAN students while students from other countries are also waiting for Canadian Authority to listen back from them since months, but it seems there is no value for other students especially from UAE, can you share your view on this.

amarinder28march

Mar 22, 2020

Cheer
My visa was approved before 18 march

Now my college is saying to change the course due to unavailable of it in fall semester 2020 or else wait for next year fall with increased fees.

Will changing my course effect me at port of entry?

Reactions: sangar_si

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Any comment on these two questions shall we raise in tomorrow's webinar:
1. I am a working professional, and I have to serve my notice period to get relieved from my duties and commence my fall intake program, but till yet not received any decision from the embassy, what will be your suggestion for me on this situation, shall I quite the job and wait for AIP or defer to next intake?

2. As the moment, it seems like entire Canadian immigration is looking and targeting INDIAN students while students from other countries are also waiting for Canadian Authority to listen back from them since months, but it seems there is no value for other students especially from UAE, can you share your view on this.
1. This has been answered during the last webinar. While you do your studies online from your home country you can even work full time without any problem. This is because there are only rules that state you shouldn't work in Canada. Since you will not be working in Canada, you won't face any issues even with PGWP.

2. This initiative of arranging for webinars is taken up by Canadian Mission in India and hence the timings are the way it is. Having said that, there are no rules barring other country people from registering for this webinar.

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Please ask, why does IRCC refer webform enquiries to VAC offices in the applicants’ country of residence despite complete application made online?

Simran Mavi

Aug 12, 2020
Are there any sudden plans to issue AIP ‘s to the students who hace a permit of visa before 18 March 2020 before the fall intake take place ... please answer me why students are not invited into Canada if they have a valid study permit

MyHero

May 16, 2020
What is the estimated study permits that will be given between august and january? I’ve heard that some IRCC representatives told that 80,000 study permits will only be issued between those times all over the world.

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
What is the estimated study permits that will be given between august and january? I’ve heard that some IRCC representatives told that 80,000 study permits will only be issued between those times all over the world.
If it already cross 80k before we get our decision so they will directly reject the application?

MyHero

May 16, 2020
If it already cross 80k before we get our decision so they will directly reject the application?
I don’t think thats it. I think the idea is that they can’t process all application within this period of time.