+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Webinar on 13/8/2020

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Please post your questions for tomorrow's webinar so that I can ask the same to IRCC officials and hopefully we'll get some answers from them.

Cheers,

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
1. If upfront medical is done, irrespective of stages will they look into medical or not.. Or they will only look into medical later???

kamran1234

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Below are the question from our colleagues

How we can get paper based application updates? after COVID 19 , As my colleague told me Even the application which were submitted before 13 th of March 2020 , No response received
Which paper based application is being priorities either economics or skilled

Reactions: sangar_si

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
I have also registered for the webinar. Questions asked will be :
1. What if we get AIP after the classes and we didn’t defer either?
2. What will happen after completion of 50% course online?

Any other questions?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Why is there an arbitrary cut off of 18th march that students with approved study permits before 18th march can travel for essential reasons and students with study permits approved after 18th march cannot travel for essential reasons.

Reactions: kalis236

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Why is there an arbitrary cut off of 18th march that students with approved study permits before 18th march can travel for essential reasons and students with study permits approved after 18th march cannot travel for essential reasons.
Travel Restrictions were put in at around 14th of March that barred anyone from entering the country due to covid. Later on, since that raised a lot of uproar they amended the policy to state that those with approved travel document before 18th can enter. I don't this you will get a valid answer for this question from IRCC other than this. If you look at the sequence of events, the date isn't arbitrary and makes sense.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have also registered for the webinar. Questions asked will be :
1. What if we get AIP after the classes and we didn’t defer either?
2. What will happen after completion of 50% course online?

Any other questions?
This question was answered in the last webinar. In such a case, where you get AIP after you start your classes, this won't affect the PGWP as the date you applied for SP will be considered towards PGWP and not the date of approval of SP.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
It is arbitrary as some people with an approved study permit applied February 2020 andsome people without an approved so applied also in February. Furthermore, if you travel from the US, there is no 18 march rule.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
It is arbitrary as some people with an approved study permit applied February 2020 andsome people without an approved applied also on February. Furthermore, if you travel from the US, there is no 18 march rule.
Simple man, their country, they make the rules, we follow. That's how it works. If they think they will accept people from the US to travel to Canada we are in no position to question their decision.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
they will look later, this was answered in previous webinar.
So does that mean people who have done upfront medicals and didn’t complete biometrics
They won’t receive the usual medical passed update ?
As I have seen from the past 15 days no body has received medical pass or eligibility review updates...

kalis236

Jul 16, 2020
If a new phd research student needs to goto fall 2020 term, what difference does the date March 18th make? He is going to travel on same date regardless of visa approved date yeah?

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Are there any concrete plans to issue either AIPs or approvals before the start of fall intake beyond being told that IRCC is doing its best to process as many applications as possible - a statement which history has proved to be inaccurate, secondly, why are some applications pending for over 4 months, yet a reasonable amount of applications submitted less than 2 months back have received either AIPs or rejection

Greenlaw25

May 28, 2020
Please ask this question
Should you start your program online and your visa is refused later, can you reapply for a study permit while studying online?

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
Please ask this question
Should you start your program online and your visa is refused later, can you reapply for a study permit while studying online?
This is actually a good question. I will ask.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Please ask this question
This was already asked in the previous webinar and the answer is yes, you can reapply using the same LOA

P.S: you are willing to take up online studies before AIP, that’s a risk to consider.