+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Sinopharm vaccinated visitors

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,
I had a few questions

1. how many additional doses of pfizer ( boosters ) visitors need who are already vaccinated twice with Sinopharm to be exempted from quarantine , is it 1 or 2?

2. Starting Oct30, new travel restrictions are coming where people without the approved vaccines will not be allowed to board planes in Canada, how do people with Sinopharm or any other non accepted vaccine will travel if they dont have a booster?

please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I had a few questions

1. how many additional doses of pfizer ( boosters ) visitors need who are already vaccinated twice with Sinopharm to be exempted from quarantine , is it 1 or 2?

2. Starting Oct30, new travel restrictions are coming where people without the approved vaccines will not be allowed to board planes in Canada, how do people with Sinopharm or any other non accepted vaccine will travel if they dont have a booster?

please advise
1. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to Canada, you must:
  • have received at least 2 doses of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
    • or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
  • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
2. You aren’t considered fully vaccinated so can’t board a plane.

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for your response:
1. To clarify, they still need 2 doses of approved vaccines even if they had 2 doses of unapproved ones ?

2. They cant board a plane if they have Sinopharm, which means if they were alreasy in Canada they would have to get 2 Pfizer or Moderna (or any approved) shots before being allowed to go back ?

wow the second point looks a bit scary for most visitors already in the country unless they address this gap.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response:
1. To clarify, they still need 2 doses of approved vaccines even if they had 2 doses of unapproved ones ?

2. They cant board a plane if they have Sinopharm, which means if they were alreasy in Canada they would have to get 2 Pfizer or Moderna (or any approved) shots before being allowed to go back ?

wow the second point looks a bit scary for most visitors already in the country unless they address this gap.
They may change what vaccinations are accepted, but right now only the ones on their list.

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
So comparing both statements, if a pperson is only vaccinated completely with sinopharm, not sure what they should do:

1. They can come to Canada and quarantine for 14 days , thats fine.
2. But they cant travel on plane ( even if they are coming from outside Canada to say like Edmonton or Winnpeg ) coz they cant board local flight. SO they must stay in Toronto or travel by car from Toronto to those places ?

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
1. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to Canada, you must:
  • have received at least 2 doses of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
    • or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
  • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
2. You aren’t considered fully vaccinated so can’t board a plane.
Where do you see number 2 or are you just stating your opinion?

From my understanding International travel to canada will still be allowed but 14 day quaritine applies, furthurmore the vaccine wont be required for international travelers to leave canada..

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
But if they have to take a connecting flight then ?
For example ,if they have to visit Edmonton, cant they do it ? as its domestic travel.

For clarity ;

If we book a flight for them after Nov 1st, from outside Canada to Edmonton, how will they be able to get into the domestic flight portion of the journey ?

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013
So comparing both statements, if a pperson is only vaccinated completely with sinopharm, not sure what they should do:

1. They can come to Canada and quarantine for 14 days , thats fine.
2. But they cant travel on plane ( even if they are coming from outside Canada to say like Edmonton or Winnpeg ) coz they cant board local flight. SO they must stay in Toronto or travel by car from Toronto to those places ?
Not enough is known yet but the PM has said there will be extremely rare exceptions, my guess is thouse who are visiting family will be allowed to transit but will need to provide proof of being foreigner and likely more tests..

On that subject Other provinces who have vaccine passports have said the same.

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
So is it safe to book a flight at this point ? or should I wait for further instructions.
I don't want them to be in a hassle during their connecting flights.

This is really confusing, hopefully they accept Sinopharm soon. From what I know, Sinopharm hasnt even submitted their application for it until now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where do you see number 2 or are you just stating your opinion?

From my understanding International travel to canada will still be allowed but 14 day quaritine applies, furthurmore the vaccine wont be required for international travelers to leave canada..
Not my opinion. As of November 30 to go on a plane, train etc. you must be fully vaccinated.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/10/mandatory-covid-19-vaccination-requirements-for-federally-regulated-transportation-employees-and-travellers.html

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
Yes thats what I was wondering, what will they do for the vaccinated but not accepted by Canada Health.
I will have to keep an eye on the news as they surely need to provide more details for in transit passengers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes thats what I was wondering, what will they do for the vaccinated but not accepted by Canada Health.
I will have to keep an eye on the news as they surely need to provide more details for in transit passengers.
I personally feel the rules aren't 100% clear at this time and can be interpreted in slightly different ways. I would hold off booking the tickets until the rules become clearer.

Reactions: canuck78

bryce343

Sep 6, 2013

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
your link clearly says departing from canada airports...
the main reason for this is to encourage vaccine usage. It doesn't say if you have sinopharm your not allowed in canada
The OP was asking about connecting flights so when in transit they would be asked for proof of vaccination to board.

Last edited: