+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for 'Generic Application form for Canada' IMM 008

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
1. Question 7 - have you received your Certificat de selection du Quebec? What is this? Do I need this?

2. Question 12 - Previous countries of residence. For the 'Status' box, what to write if the applicant was there on a working holiday/work visa?

3. This question is on the next part 'Contact information' - Question 1.
It says if you indicate your email adress, then all correspondence will be sent to you by email. This was said on the sponsorship part too. Do we have to put our email? If I write an email adress then will be not get anything sent to our adress of residence?

4. What is a National Identity document?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
1. Question 7 - have you received your Certificat de selection du Quebec? What is this? Do I need this?

2. Question 12 - Previous countries of residence. For the 'Status' box, what to write if the applicant was there on a working holiday/work visa?

3. This question is on the next part 'Contact information' - Question 1.
It says if you indicate your email adress, then all correspondence will be sent to you by email. This was said on the sponsorship part too. Do we have to put our email? If I write an email adress then will be not get anything sent to our adress of residence?

4. What is a National Identity document?
1. for Quebec applicants. Not applicable for others

2. Work visa, visitor visa, study permit etc what ever applicable.

3. Give your e mail address and mailing address also. Any papers will be mailed on your postal address and any other communication will be on your e mail. E mail is faster and more convenient for both parties.

4. According to the country of applicant there can be some identity card in addition to the passport, like citizenship card in Canada. So if your government issued any such identity card give the details.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Would a social security card be a national identity document?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an SSN would only if it has an expiry so the Canadian versions dont so we cant put that but if your SSN has an expiry date then yea, generally its another piece of picture ID issued by the government, Healthcards, driver license, gun card etc

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
an SSN would only if it has an expiry so the Canadian versions dont so we cant put that but if your SSN has an expiry date then yea, generally its another piece of picture ID issued by the government, Healthcards, driver license, gun card etc
No, actually it's a document issued by countries just as a national ID card. It's not a driver's license, healthcard, etc. even if it has your picture on it. It's an ID unto itself. Countries like Italy, Morocco, and Turkey have them as well as many other. Canada and the US don't have these. So write N/A in this spot if your country doesn't issue national ID cards. If you don't know what it is then I'm pretty sure your country doesn't issue them. When a country does issue them, you would know about it because everyone has them.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
No, actually it's a document issued by countries just as a national ID card. It's not a driver's license, healthcard, etc. even if it has your picture on it. It's an ID unto itself. Countries like Italy, Morocco, and Turkey have them as well as many other. Canada and the US don't have these. So write N/A in this spot if your country doesn't issue national ID cards. If you don't know what it is then I'm pretty sure your country doesn't issue them. When a country does issue them, you would know about it because everyone has them.
But BC have BCID, B.C. Identification card!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
I wasnt advised that by CIC so to be on the side of caution i will stick with their advice

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
I wasnt advised that by CIC so to be on the side of caution i will stick with their advice
A call centre agent told you this? :D Putting in the number of another card will not hurt you. But getting technical about it, this is not what CIC meant for this section. BUT, it won't do you any harm so it's all good.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I get names when I call but I can always call again

Thx for the response no harm is good