+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions Concerning Consequences on First Time Arrival COPR (PR Card, PRTD, etc

mtlexplorer

Jun 6, 2016
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
Doc's Request.
04-04-2015
Nomination.....
08-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
IELTS Request
Waivered
File Transfer...
25-05-2016
Med's Request
04-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
04-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
29-09-2017
Dear Folks,

I received my COPR and Countefoil March 20th, 2017. I have until December 16, 2017 to fulfill entry requirments.
There are certain questions bothering me.

1. It would seem that at Montreal Airport Immigration Officer/Border Entry Officer would take the mailing address for PR Card.
( Where do they process first Time PR card for First Time Entry CSQ Visitors? )
It seems that they are processing first time PR Cards at the CPC Sydney, Nova Scotia.
However, they do not mention specifically that they are processing them for first time
entry immigrants at Sydney, NS or for renewals of expired or about to expire cards at Sydney, NS.

I am asking these questions because i can't at the moment afford to stay in Canada for more than 2
weeks on my first visit to Canada. This is because my employer won't give me more than 2 weeks leave
at a time, and at the same time i do not prefer to move to canada before i get a decent job.
It would be safer to enter canada and complete the entry formalities, assess the place for example,
montreal life and the job market, maybe attend a few interviews, get a feel for the place, costs, and lifestyle
and then go back and fully prepare to come back again permanently.

The only apprehension about the PR cards is that I hope they do not ask an individual to come and collect
it in person. It would be far better if they send it directly to the mailbox of the address provided at the
border entry.

2. Once the PR Card has been received by the thrid party
(i.e., by my friend/relative, would it then be possible for them to courier it overseas using Fedex, DHL).

3. Which countries customs confiscate such kind of couriers where there are RFID based PR Cards in them.
(I am looking at specifically at Saudi Arabia, UAE, and India for Delivery)

4. When and how soon after landing can I apply for the Quebec Health Insurance Card?
How soon do they deliver the card, and do they mail it to an address in montreal or should i have to
go and pick it up in person.

5. How and where must i apply for a SIN?

6. Is it required for me to show funds to prove financial self-sufficiency? If yes, then what kind of statements.
Since, I may be travelling only to complete first entry formalities; would it be enough to show bank statements in the
country where i am a resident. I hope it would not be required to show funds in a canadian bank.

7. Is there a good place to stay in montreal for 15 days? The ones I see on booking.com are overpriced.

8. This question is forum related.. How can i update my profile here like the others about their status on the left hand side or signature.

Regards,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mtlexplorer said:
Dear Folks,

I received my COPR and Countefoil March 20th, 2017. I have until December 16, 2017 to fulfill entry requirments.
There are certain questions bothering me.

1. It would seem that at Montreal Airport Immigration Officer/Border Entry Officer would take the mailing address for PR Card.
( Where do they process first Time PR card for First Time Entry CSQ Visitors? )
It seems that they are processing first time PR Cards at the CPC Sydney, Nova Scotia.
However, they do not mention specifically that they are processing them for first time
entry immigrants at Sydney, NS or for renewals of expired or about to expire cards at Sydney, NS.

I am asking these questions because i can't at the moment afford to stay in Canada for more than 2
weeks on my first visit to Canada. This is because my employer won't give me more than 2 weeks leave
at a time, and at the same time i do not prefer to move to canada before i get a decent job.
It would be safer to enter canada and complete the entry formalities, assess the place for example,
montreal life and the job market, maybe attend a few interviews, get a feel for the place, costs, and lifestyle
and then go back and fully prepare to come back again permanently.

The only apprehension about the PR cards is that I hope they do not ask an individual to come and collect
it in person. It would be far better if they send it directly to the mailbox of the address provided at the
border entry.

2. Once the PR Card has been received by the thrid party
(i.e., by my friend/relative, would it then be possible for them to courier it overseas using Fedex, DHL).

3. Which countries customs confiscate such kind of couriers where there are RFID based PR Cards in them.
(I am looking at specifically at Saudi Arabia, UAE, and India for Delivery)

4. When and how soon after landing can I apply for the Quebec Health Insurance Card?
How soon do they deliver the card, and do they mail it to an address in montreal or should i have to
go and pick it up in person.

5. How and where must i apply for a SIN?

6. Is it required for me to show funds to prove financial self-sufficiency? If yes, then what kind of statements.
Since, I may be travelling only to complete first entry formalities; would it be enough to show bank statements in the
country where i am a resident. I hope it would not be required to show funds in a canadian bank.

7. Is there a good place to stay in montreal for 15 days? The ones I see on booking.com are overpriced.

8. This question is forum related.. How can i update my profile here like the others about their status on the left hand side or signature.

Regards,
1 ) It's normal that first issue cards are mailed and are not required to be picked up in person.
2 ) It's acceptable to courier or otherwise transport the PR card to the holder. This is quite common.
3 ) I can't answer that. I doubt that they routinely check every package for RFID anyway.

5 ) In some airports, you can apply for a SIN immediately after leaving secondary immigration. Failing that, go to your nearest Service Canada during your stay.

8 ) You require a minimum number of posts before that option becomes available. 10?

mtlexplorer

Jun 6, 2016
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
Doc's Request.
04-04-2015
Nomination.....
08-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
IELTS Request
Waivered
File Transfer...
25-05-2016
Med's Request
04-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
04-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
29-09-2017
Hi Zardoz,

Thanks a lot for the answers, i much appreciate it, and it helps to prepare for my first landing.
Do you also have any idea on the below:

6. Is it required for me to show funds to prove financial self-sufficiency on the First Entry? If yes, then what kind of statements.

Kind Regards,