+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions before landing

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,
I am about to make a short landing in 2 weeks time at toronto pearson airport me ,my wife and our infant ,we will stay till we recieve our PR cards then return back home ,have the fellowing questions,

1- i wanted to issue a bank draft to show it to the IO as POF but i didnt want to encash it in canada but return with it to UAE and encash from the same bank, but the teller informed me if i do so i will loose alot of money in the exchange,so he advised to take traveller cheque from tomas cook in US dollars. Is that correct.

2- my wife is pregnant at her first month now,does passing through the metal detectors at the airport have risk on pregnancy or not,if so,shall i get a medical report from local hospital and authenticated from canadian embassy or i have to go to a canadain approved medical center in UAE.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) If the base currency of the bank draft is Cad, can't it be encash in UAE in the same currency? This way, you won't lose/gain money in exchange rate.

2) Every year, many pregnant women use these metal detectors at various airports for traveling. These device should be safe.