Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
I hear there have been topics on questions customs may ask you when you arrive at the airport in Canada.
In a little bit I am going back to AB Canada to go live with my boyfriend again. I want to go as a visitor (I already used up the WHP and young workers work permits for internships I have done in AB before) But so that will give me at least 6 months and then I want to ask for extention of my stay. We just sent of the application (common law) on tuesday.

Um so my question(s) are:
- what are they gonna ask at customs/cant I just tell them what I just explained above here?
- if no, then what are good things to say? *does any one have the link of the topic(s) its been discussed in before? :)
- is there a big chance Ill be able to get the extention of my visitors status? (people from Holland do not need a visitors visa)

Does any one have information/answers for those questions?
If so: :-* ;)

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BaukjeBecka said:
I hear there have been topics on questions customs may ask you when you arrive at the airport in Canada.
In a little bit I am going back to AB Canada to go live with my boyfriend again. I want to go as a visitor (I already used up the WHP and young workers work permits for internships I have done in AB before) But so that will give me at least 6 months and then I want to ask for extention of my stay. We just sent of the application (common law) on tuesday.

Um so my question(s) are:
- what are they gonna ask at customs/cant I just tell them what I just explained above here?
- if no, then what are good things to say? *does any one have the link of the topic(s) its been discussed in before? :)
- is there a big chance Ill be able to get the extention of my visitors status? (people from Holland do not need a visitors visa)

Does any one have information/answers for those questions?
If so: :-* ;) .
Hi, The customs officer could ask you few questions about the purpose of your visit and about the person, and his address where you are going to stay during the period of visit. You may be permitted to stay for 6 months and you will be able to know about the extension only when you apply for it later.

BaukjeBecka

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
So is also may be that I will not get permitted to stay for the 6 months then? ::)

If I just tell them the truth of why I am going to Canada, will that be ok? Or should I tell the woolly truth, that I am going to visit 'friends and family' (rather then saying 'my boyfriend') and travel around Canada for a bit?

Does any one have tips? What should I do: just tell the truth or keep the story a little vague? (-I cant make up a story, because thats not my nature so I couldnt even if I wanted ;))

BaukjeBecka

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visiting-while-processing-t55805.0.html

Hah :) I found another topic just like this one ;)
Just in case some one reads this and has the same questions as me :D