+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions asked at Vancouver airport upon return flight!!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
I have a curious question, this due to all the conflicting stories I have read on the internet as well this forum. Currently I am residing in Canada with my wife, and have done so since March of 2014. I have a visitor record which expires on December of 2015.

1. When I cross the border back into Canada via the Vancouver airport is my visitor record/ passport enough?

2. Am I still required to show ties to the US even though SA has been approved I have a Visitor record and my living/financial obligations are with my wife here in Canada ( I read somewhere that you must spend more time in the States while awaiting PR status Outland, is this true?)

3. I am traveling in March and am now scared I will be denied entry back home in Canada, where my home, money, dogs LIFE is! If I am asked for a US address, I do not have one anymore!

Any help or suggestions would be great,

Thank You! :)

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
michminn said:
I have a curious question, this due to all the conflicting stories I have read on the internet as well this forum. Currently I am residing in Canada with my wife, and have done so since March of 2014. I have a visitor record which expires on December of 2015.

1. When I cross the border back into Canada via the Vancouver airport is my visitor record/ passport enough?

2. Am I still required to show ties to the US even though SA has been approved I have a Visitor record and my living/financial obligations are with my wife here in Canada ( I read somewhere that you must spend more time in the States while awaiting PR status Outland, is this true?)

3. I am traveling in March and am now scared I will be denied entry back home in Canada, where my home, money, dogs LIFE is! If I am asked for a US address, I do not have one anymore!

Any help or suggestions would be great,

Thank You! :)
Have you seen this from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=473&t=16? -

"If you have a single-entry visa this allows you to enter Canada once. If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada, unless you visit the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. If you visit those places, you can return to Canada without a new visa, as long as you:

return within the period that the Canadian immigration officer initially authorized when you first entered Canada (on your visa, it is either a handwritten date or 6 months from the date of the entry stamp); or
have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry), and return within the period that the officer initially authorized."

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
ABCml said:
Have you seen this from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=473&t=16? -

"If you have a single-entry visa this allows you to enter Canada once. If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada, unless you visit the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. If you visit those places, you can return to Canada without a new visa, as long as you:

return within the period that the Canadian immigration officer initially authorized when you first entered Canada (on your visa, it is either a handwritten date or 6 months from the date of the entry stamp); or
have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry), and return within the period that the officer initially authorized."
My visitor record was sent to me from Vegriville to my home in Canada. It is a 1 year visitor visa. I am an American citizen planning to visit family in AZ.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
michminn said:

1. Also carry proof of the PR app (sponsor approval letter is good) and proof of finances.

2. The officer may or may not ask for ties to the US. CBSA is pretty lenient on this kind of stuff when a person has a spousal PR app processing and given that you have properly maintained your status while you've been here, they probably won't ask. There is no requirement to spend more time in the US during an outland app; you can be in Canada the entire time if you wanted.

3. Just remember that you are not living in Canada; you are VISITING your wife while your PR app processes. Using the wrong terminology can be bad.

You should be fine. With your PR app processing, there is very little chance of being knocked back at the border.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
1. Also carry proof of the PR app (sponsor approval letter is good) and proof of finances.

2. The officer may or may not ask for ties to the US. CBSA is pretty lenient on this kind of stuff when a person has a spousal PR app processing and given that you have properly maintained your status while you've been here, they probably won't ask. There is no requirement to spend more time in the US during an outland app; you can be in Canada the entire time if you wanted.

3. Just remember that you are not living in Canada; you are VISITING your wife while your PR app processes. Using the wrong terminology can be bad.

You should be fine. With your PR app processing, there is very little chance of being knocked back at the border.
Thank you so much!