+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions application form

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi,
I'm preparing my citizien application and have a few questions.

9b) During your five (5) year eligibility period did you have Temporary Resident or Protected Person status in Canada before becoming a permanent
resident?
Before I came permant resident I was here on an IEC visa. I came on May 20th 2016 and became PR on October 16th 2016. What is the expiry date for this visa. Also do I just call it temporary resident permit holder or do I specify IEC?

13) Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada
(this includes your country of birth)?
I was born in Zimbabwe but as far as I'm aware I never held a visa for that, definitely no citizenship. What would I fill in here? I also lived in another country. My dad had a work permit but they don't remember what our status was. Do I fill in temporary resident for both and the dates I lived there? Maybe write a letter to explain the situation?
Going through my old passport I saw I have a temporary residence permit for South Africa for 2010. I definitely only went on holiday for about 3.5 weeks. Do I include this?

Thanks in advance

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi,
I'm hoping to finish my citizenship application in the next week. Can someone help me with these above questions?

Also I remembered I did volunteerwork in Thailand and Guatemala and that sometimes requires a work permit. Do I include this I do not have those passports anymore so cannot check there (it was 2006 and 2008)