+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions after winning an appeal

Laticia

Jun 20, 2009
Hi, I was wonderig if anyone can help me with some questions that I have
1. Where does my file go? eg back to mississauga or directly to outland office
2. Will I ever again be able to follow the progression on ecas? My file number works but not my husband's B #
3. When redoing the IM0008 schedule 1 question 9 asks 3 questions that I'm unsure how to answer when being resubmitted after winning an appeal "previously sought refugee status in canada or applied for a canadian immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa?" yes or no
"been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, canada or any other country, or have been refused a certificat de selection du quebec?" yes or no
and finally
"been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, canada or any other country?"

Those questions were all no before, but now I don't know if the answers have to be changed after submitting after winning an appeal? I really don't know how to answers these anymore.

Thank you very much for your help

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
1. Directly back to outland office or the new pilot program at Ottawa. Mine was back to Vienna visa Office.
2. Yes. Mine is not working(still the old 'decision made') but when I use my husband's client or immigration number it's the updated one('in process').
3. I put 'yes' on 3 questions.

kabisha

May 30, 2011
Hi laticia

I filed an appeal on March 31, 2011. I received the all the documents June 14,2011. But i didnot receive the hearing date. How long does it take for you to get the appeal date?

My husband visa was refused because he didnot submit the police clearance from Malaysia.

Why did your sponsor regfused?

Please let me know

Laticia

Jun 20, 2009
Thank you turquoise for your help, I'm going a little crazy here with the timeline. I won the appeal in march and all the file number says is that the file was received april 5. But does not state where the file was received!! Since then neither my husband or myself have heard anything. I can only use my file number for information, his B number does not seem to be working anymore. When I phoned immigration canada to inquire what the process was at first she said she has no record of the file being returned to the outland office, then she put me on hold and came back and said that after winning an appeal the file is transfered directly to the outland office and should be there now. I would love to email them directly but at this stage I'm terrifed of annoying anyone and having this whole process take longer. I really don't know what to do. I read somewhere on a forum that someone who's file had arrived after mine (in mississauga) as been notified via email upon receipt of the file in the outland office. Not after an appeal though, so I don't know if that makes any difference. How did you know that your file had been returned to Vienna? Thank you so much for any help that you can give me. I really really appreciate it!!! :)

kabisha, I filed an appeal november 2009 and had my hearing date jan 2011. They didn't believe the relationship

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Laticia,
Try to check e-cas using your husband's client ID but I notice that e-cas isn't that reliable. I wasn't notified for receipt after it was transferred back to outland visa office too. I just check the e-cas & that they received the application on May 3 & started processing on May 18, 2011. I called the immigration toll free number to confirm if it was transferred in vienna visa office or in Ottawa and they confirmed it was back to Vienna. Last July 15, I emailed to inquire about the updates for our file to Vienna. my 4yo son misses him so much. he keeps on asking about his father. anyways, they responded back July 17 that the application is still under background verification but this is also a hard part, because it's upon their discretion of how long it's gonna take. 6 months? 1 yr? I don't know....

Laticia

Jun 20, 2009
Thank you very much turquoise. I really appreciate the help. Wow!! You and your son have been waiting a long time! I hope that you get some news very soon! It's really hard that we have no way of really knowing where, and what is happening with our files.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
My husband and I won the appeal. We got the happy news a couple of weeks ago. Now what? Do we wait to hear from the visa office in Morocco or we have to do something? Will we receive the court order in the mail and then we have to submit it to the visa office so they can re-open our file or we do nothing and wait for them to ask my husband to redo his medicals and re-submit new ID photos? Thanks!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Habibti said:
My husband and I won the appeal. We got the happy news a couple of weeks ago. Now what? Do we wait to hear from the visa office in Morocco or we have to do something? Will we receive the court order in the mail and then we have to submit it to the visa office so they can re-open our file or we do nothing and wait for them to ask my husband to redo his medicals and re-submit new ID photos? Thanks!!
The file goes back to Rabat, and in accordance with the decision they must continue processing the application. They will get back in touch with him about additional things like renewed medicals and PCC.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
CharlieD10 said:
The file goes back to Rabat, and in accordance with the decision they must continue processing the application. They will get back in touch with him about additional things like renewed medicals and PCC.
Thank you so much! Still helpful after all these months! What is PCC?

H

Hamurabi

Habibti said:
Thank you so much! Still helpful after all these months! What is PCC?
Ohh I can answer that one :)

Police Clearance Certificate

Good luck!