+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions abt canada pr ?

faithsoul

Mar 16, 2009
Requested Forum members

I am planning to apply for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 the (Noc Code is ).

I was trying find out answers to some of the questions. still was not clear.

I am on h1b status and i reside in US for the last 3 yrs.

1. As per my understanding I have to send application to CIC in Sydney for pre Approval then transferred to Buffalo , NY - Rather to send the application to Buffalo , NY in 1st place ?
If i have to send an application to Sydney then the below listed documents are ones that are required Documents i have to send to sydney for pre approval. please let me know if i have missed something . Add or omit according to the number of dependents.
Is anything missed in this list ?

 Bank draft for the required amount made payable to the Receiver General for Canada
 Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM 0008)
 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration – Principal Applicant
 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration – Spouse
 Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker
 Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) – Principal Applicant
 Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) – Spouse
 Photocopy of passport's bio-data page
 2 self-addressed mailing labels in English (or one in your country's official language)
 Photo as per specification mentioned

2.When is the time i am supposed to send the supporting documents ?

3. Supporting documents should be sent to sydney or buffalo , ny ?

4.Are the below ones for the supporting documents ?
1. Identity and Civil Status Documents
2. Travel Documents and passports
3. Education Qualifications
4. work experience
5. proof of language proficiency
6. settlement funds
7. Policy certificate and clearances

5. When are we supposed to take the IELTS exam for language proficiency as the score is valid only for 1 yr ?

6. Are we supposed to attach the IELTS original score card along with 1st set documents to be sent ?

7. There is a way to send the score directly to canada immigration office when we take the exam .
do anyone know how to do it ? which address we should send it - sydney or buffalo ?

8. Documents should be translated to english if it is in native language. who would be the certified translator ? can we translate by ourself and notarize it from bank ?

9. For University degree obtained from india, is it enuf to get it notarized ? Wht abt the marksheets, should we submit the original ones in the sealed envelope as mentioned in the Visa office specific instructions - buffalo - Appendix A - Checklist ?

10. Are we supposed sent copy of h1b approval copy along with documents ?

11. For settlement funds, how long are we supposed to maintain the funds ($10,833 for single person) in our bank accounts on an average until we get the PR approved ?

12. Being an indian citizen and living in US for 3 yrs, where should i get the police certificate - india or us ?

13. It take 16 to 18 weeks to get the fbi record and certificate in US , when should i start the process?

I know that there are so many questions from my side.

Thanks for your reading my post patiently.

I really appreciate your valuable response.

Thanks
Faithsoul

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) everything is okay but no need for photos.
2) when they tell you to. they will reply from sydney and tell you that you have 120 days to send in the documents to buffalo.
3) buffalo after they tell you from sydney that you are preapproved
4) if you have relatives in canada and you claim points for that, then you should show documents too.
5) anytime before you send your documents to buffalo such that you get the results and mail it in with all your documents.
6) no need for ielts to sydney
7) send it with all your other documents.
8) no, you should get a certified translator. Sometimes embassy of your country provides this service. I got mine through the internet.
9) You need to notarize a photocopy of the degree and also send in a marksheet with a university stamp in a university sealed envelope.
10) you need to provide documents to show that you reside in US. i don't know what the proof of your stay in US is. Someone else should answer this.
11) There must be funds for two people since there are two of you. I forgot the amount for two people but it is less 10833*2.
12) India and US and any other country where you have lived for longer than 6months, you need to get police certificates from any states within the US that you have lived for longer than 6months.
13) It takes 2 to 4 weeks to get the FBI record.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Proof of residence in Canada, proof of relationship and proof of PR or citizenship (i am guessing all this but they say the requirement is that the person is PR or citizen living in canada and of course, your relationship to that person).

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
you'll need birth certificates for you and your relative in canada and his passport copy.

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10. Are we supposed sent copy of h1b approval copy along with documents ?
No only copy of visa on ur passport shud suffice, you can add documents like ur rent receipt, utility bills (mobile, credit card, electricty) in your name