+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about what one can do during PR RO non-compliance period

jolteonx

Oct 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I landed in 2017, so I'm in my first 5 years of residency. I'm currently not in compliance with my RO (will be back in compliance in Jun 2023), but I'm in Canada and not planning to travel outside the country. I saw in the forums that immigration is stricter with PR card renewals for 1st time PRs. If I wait till I have clocked 730 days in Canada to apply for another PR card, it won't be an issue, will it?

More importantly, I was wondering if the various government bodies share information and if the following actions will trigger a RO check:

- Applying for university as a PR
- Submitting taxes
- Name changes on/applying for a driver's license
- Applying for provincial health insurance

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I landed in 2017, so I'm in my first 5 years of residency. I'm currently not in compliance with my RO (will be back in compliance in Jun 2023), but I'm in Canada and not planning to travel outside the country. I saw in the forums that immigration is stricter with PR card renewals for 1st time PRs. If I wait till I have clocked 730 days in Canada to apply for another PR card, it won't be an issue, will it?

More importantly, I was wondering if the various government bodies share information and if the following actions will trigger a RO check:

- Submitting taxes

Thanks!
None of these actions will trigger an RO check.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

- Submitting taxes

Thanks!
The only thing you can’t do is sponsor someone until you are compliant with your RO.