+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about travel document for newly landed

preet2012

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,

I know this is very old post, but i am in a same kind of situation here, i am newly landed immigrant as of 12 may 2015, after staying for 21 days, i had to come back for myjob and after that i immediately resigned and served 2 months notice, so i got a resignation acceptance letter from my company by 8th august. Original relieving letter and experience letter will be send by company after 45 days after clearance from all departments, so i need to apply for travel document, but i have few questions

1. I had read at many places that travel documents mostly get denied, i am worried
2. my family (wife/daughter) are already there in Canada
3. do i need to fill humanitarian grounds section while filling up the travel document.
4. i have resignation acceptance letter, landed document,medical card, Canada credit card statements with me, are these enough for applying or i need something else too

There is another section in Travel document, where i need to specify my job from the date i became PR, do i need to write my job from starting date in the company or the date when i became the pr

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my questions, it will be very helpful

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
preet2012 said:
Hi,

I know this is very old post, but i am in a same kind of situation here, i am newly landed immigrant as of 12 may 2015, after staying for 21 days, i had to come back for myjob and after that i immediately resigned and served 2 months notice, so i got a resignation acceptance letter from my company by 8th august. Original relieving letter and experience letter will be send by company after 45 days after clearance from all departments, so i need to apply for travel document, but i have few questions

1. I had read at many places that travel documents mostly get denied, i am worried
3. do i need to fill humanitarian grounds section while filling up the travel document.
4. i have resignation acceptance letter, landed document,medical card, Canada credit card statements with me, are these enough for applying or i need something else too

There is another section in Travel document, where i need to specify my job from the date i became PR, do i need to write my job from starting date in the company or the date when i became the pr

I replied already for this on another post. Try not to post multiple times. Goodluck on your application.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
preet2012 said:
Hi,

Hi, I am almost in the same boat as you are. So what are the options available? Didnt you get PR issued till date and posted to your given canadian address, while you initially landed? I believe, need to find some way to get PR here and then travel smoothly
Take Care & Good Luck

preet2012

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Guys, I applied on 17th August 2015 for my TD near my Office Jalandhar which submitted the Docs to Chandigarh Office, Its been more than 15 days and i am still waiting, it is still showing me under process.

I want to book tickets but not sure, should i wait or go for ticket, because tickets are getting costlier day by day and this is making me confused as to what should i do, should i wait or should i book, i am trying to do this end of this month for tickets

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be granted a travel document if you are a new PR because you are still not in breach of the RO and can't possibly be in breach of the RO yet as 3 years have not passed since your landing.

However, processing can take a long time in some visa offices so I would advise not to buy tickets until you get it.