+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about the online study permit application

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
I'm plan on applying for a study permit online. I have some questions:

1/ Is it okay for some documents to be in english and others to be in french? because most of my documents will be in english apart from my proof of financial means that will be in french.

2/In the family information form (IMM5645e) it says complete all names in english and in my native language but the rules are to upload one file per document type.
Should I complete the form twice: in english and in my native language, save them and combine the pdf's. Or complete them twice, print, sign them by hand and scan them?

3/There are few boxes I won't be able to complete. Is writing Not Applicable okay? Is it preferred not leave any box empty?

Thank you for your help, I highly appreciate it.

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
1. You can get your documents translated in English by a approved translator.
2. In my case in family information form, my consultant filled all the form in English and later she wrote down names in my native language by a pen and scanned it to upload it.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I'm plan on applying for a study permit online. I have some questions:

1/ Is it okay for some documents to be in english and others to be in french? because most of my documents will be in english apart from my proof of financial means that will be in french.

2/In the family information form (IMM5645e) it says complete all names in english and in my native language but the rules are to upload one file per document type.
Should I complete the form twice: in english and in my native language, save them and combine the pdf's. Or complete them twice, print, sign them by hand and scan them?

3/There are few boxes I won't be able to complete. Is writing Not Applicable okay? Is it preferred not leave any box empty?

Thank you for your help, I highly appreciate it.
You don't need to translate your documents as Canada recognises documents both in English and French.

"Unless we tell you otherwise, all supporting documents must be in English or French."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
2. In my case in family information form, my consultant filled all the form in English and later she wrote down names in my native language by a pen and scanned it to upload it.
Sounds good, but since they ask to upload only one file for each document, I guess will do the same and combine the two pdf's into one using an online tool.

You don't need to translate your documents as Canada recognises documents both in English and French.
My documents will be a mix of both, I was just doubtful on whether or not I should make them in 1 language. But I guess it will be no problem.

What about question 3? Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate your help and advice.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Sounds good, but since they ask to upload only one file for each document, I guess will do the same and combine the two pdf's into one using an online tool.

My documents will be a mix of both, I was just doubtful on whether or not I should make them in 1 language. But I guess it will be no problem.

What about question 3? Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate your help and advice.
No need to translate if it's in French or English, even if it's a combination of both. Canada is Bilingual for all official purposes.

For question 3. If your native language is something written in the Latin script (English, French, Italian etc) then there really isn't a need to write your name separately in your native language as it would be the same in English and your native language. I am not sure how scanning would work in an online application.

The only reason I did not answer the third point is firstly, I have not submitted my application yet. Also, my native language is an obscure Indian language spoken by 1% of the total population, and that is spoken language only (no script). So, I was just going to click other and write my name in English and be done with it.

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
My native language is Arabic, I think I will be able to type and past the names in my native language without having to write them by pen. I'll see how it goes.

Thank you selvakk, good luck for both of us.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
My native language is Arabic, I think I will be able to type and past the names in my native language without having to write them by pen. I'll see how it goes.

Thank you selvakk, good luck for both of us.
You should be able to, you can change your keyboard to arabic and adobe should have built in arabic fonts, it is a common script. I don't think it's an issue in your case.

If the form has to be validated, then you can't print and scan the form. Otherwise you can print and scan the form, and submit it after writing by hand.

babsin02

Jun 3, 2019
LANDED..........
11-05-2023
Hi guys. I have a question. If i apply onlne for a Study permit, what relevance does the IMM 5832 pdf have? From what i've seen, it seems like it's only applicable to the people doing paper application. Please am i right or do i also need it?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys. I have a question. If i apply onlne for a Study permit, what relevance does the IMM 5832 pdf have? From what i've seen, it seems like it's only applicable to the people doing paper application. Please am i right or do i also need it?
If you don't have a place to upload the file, then its not necessary to upload it. IMM 5832 is only for paper applications.

Reactions: babsin02