+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about the free French class

galore

Nov 29, 2017
I'd like to do the full time 2 month in-person French class in Montreal. I'm outland, already have csq, but waiting on copr so don't think I can register for the class yet. My questions are..
  1. Are there class size limits? If yes, do classes fill up quickly? Are there wait lists?
  2. How long does it take for the application to go through? I'd like to take the August 22nd semester, but as I don't know how long 'til I receive copr, I'm afraid the application for the class might take longer than that.
  3. What are the qualifications to receive financial aid? I do have a job right now in my home country, but upon immigrating I will be without a job for the duration of the full time class (doing volunteer work on the side to keep the upcoming resume gap filled). I'll be living with my spouse who is a master's degree student so not much income. Should I go on unemployment..? I'd rather not so I don't feel like I'm a drain on the system, but if it's a qualification for the French class financial aid..?
Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

galore

Nov 29, 2017
Still seeking answers about the financial aid portion!

I heard that class sizes are ~20, that application processing can take up to 2 months, and that there have been waitlists before.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
I'd like to do the full time 2 month in-person French class in Montreal. I'm outland, already have csq, but waiting on copr so don't think I can register for the class yet. My questions are..
  1. Are there class size limits? If yes, do classes fill up quickly? Are there wait lists?
  2. How long does it take for the application to go through? I'd like to take the August 22nd semester, but as I don't know how long 'til I receive copr, I'm afraid the application for the class might take longer than that.
  3. What are the qualifications to receive financial aid? I do have a job right now in my home country, but upon immigrating I will be without a job for the duration of the full time class (doing volunteer work on the side to keep the upcoming resume gap filled). I'll be living with my spouse who is a master's degree student so not much income. Should I go on unemployment..? I'd rather not so I don't feel like I'm a drain on the system, but if it's a qualification for the French class financial aid..?
Thank you for your time!
I don' think you will be entitled to financial support namely loan. That's why its specified that you have enough money to substain you for little period time