+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about TFW

bananawolf

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,all:
I am going to start to work at Toronto early next year. Currently a positive LMO was issued and we are preparing for the visa application. Here are several questions in my mind.
1. I will have an AEO right after I get into Toronto. With AEO on hand, it is possible to apply for PR for me and my family members through FSW program. Does anybody have any idea how long it takes for this kind of circumstance to get PR inside Canada?
2. As a TFW, am I eligible for OHIP after 3 months? What about my wife and my son. They will have vistor visas to get into Canada. Are they also eligible?
3. If you have a family instead of being single, do you have any tax refund in Canada? Also what is the tax rate when you work and live in Ontario?

Thank you very much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes, you can apply under the FSW program with an AEO if you fulfill the other requirements such as at least 1 year skilled work experience and at least 67 points. When immigration started working under the current system, they stated a goal of 6-12 months processing time. As far as I know, they have not reached this goal yet so it could take longer.

2. You can get OHIP after 3 months. OHIP used to have a problem with spouses on open work permits but I believe they have relaxed their rules You would have to ask OHIP about this.

3. Since I am not in Ontario, I don't know. You do get deductions for kids.