+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Study Permit + Spousal Open Work Permit

Diabolus

Jan 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm new to the forum. So please, let me know if I'm doing something wrong :)

Ok, so my wife has just received her acceptance letter for a college course in Toronto. Since the duration of the course is 2 years, I'd go with her. We are about to apply for the Visa but we have some questions. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify these.

We are both currently employed. She will have to quit if we get the VISA but I'm still checking with my company on how we could proceed. I already work from home and they said that legally I could work from there for 3 months without having to transfer, meanwhile, since it's an international company with presence in Canada as well they said they are open to study the possibility of transferring me IF I already have the Work Visa.

So my questions regarding the Visa are:

- I am currently in the Express Entry Pool, could that affect our chances of getting a Study Permit + OWP ? Should I withdraw my EE application?
- What do they expect to hear from the Study Permit Requestor on the Letter of Explanation ?
- What do they expect from the Spouse requiring the Open Work Permit on the Letter of Explanation ? (Sorry, seems obvious that I'm only going to accompany my wife)
- What do they expect from the Spouse requiring the Open Work Permit on the Purpose of Travel - Other ? (Same as above)
- Can we do the Medical Examination (it's required for our country of origin) before submitting the Visa Request? Through their site, seems like you can do it but everyone else says it's better not to. Which is correct?

mieddy

Feb 7, 2016
Hi.
I'm new here as well.
I have the same questions as you.
Pls,tell me what the best answer is if u've got it
Thanks

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Ur application of express entry will definately affect ur study permit n owp cz ths info wil already b wd the VO which will raise doubts abt ur intentions of leaving canada at the completion of studies (which is a requirement of non immigrant visas)
Study permit applicant generally writes goals n objectives one wants to achieve after completion of studies, y u chose the particular program u r pursuing, wat wil b the job prospects in ur home country n anything else tht u need to explain..e.g if u do choose to apply then u wld need to explain ur application to express entry and subsequent withdrawal (if tht wil b the case)
Doing an upfront medical is purely an individual's choice..u can but u can also wait for the VO to ask for the medical..doing an upfront medical does not in any way affect the application..it wins u no favor n it harms ur application in no way.