+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Quebec PNP

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
I've pretty much narrowed down the province I will try to apply: PEI and Quebec, simply because I read on this board that neither require a job offer in hand. But this is what I read from this website: http://www.immq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/index.html

Other factors that will be taken into account when your application is assessed are:

having a valid employment offer (you must have received a job offer that meets certain conditions from a Québec employer.)

So is a job offer now required for Quebec? I did passed the self-test for Quebec. So I hope someone can clarify this for me.

Other question I have regarding the appendices:

A copy of your family record book (livret de famille). Exactly what is this? How do I go about obtaining it?

A copy of all diplomas or certificates for secondary, post-secondary and/or university studies, arranged and stapled in descending chronological order (the most recent document appearing first);
So this means I need to have diplomas from junior high, high school, college and my master degree? What is the equivalent of secondary and post-secondary in USA? Just a little confused about the terms.

A copy of all academic transcripts for each of your years of study, including the present year, excluding primary studies, arranged and stapled in descending chronological order;

I can find all transcripts from my bachelor degree to my master's, but pretty sure I've threw away most transcripts before college, not even sure if my high school still has a record of me. Do they really want to see all these documents?

In the app for selection certificate, it asks for the residential address for the last 10 years. Frankly, I've been moving a lot during the time (All in US) and have a hard time recalling every place and time I've moved. I can list some major ones, is this going to be a problem?

Sorry for the long post, just want to ask everything under one thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

loocrepus

Sep 30, 2008
Hi,

I had applied thru Quebec last September and by Aprill 2008, I was called for interview in Hong Kong and got the CSQ. I got my Canadian visa just recently.

Before you apply to Quebec make sure you know French as that is one of the most important criteria they check.

Regarding the job offer thing, this for those candidates who has already a job in Quebec and they need this CSQ for applying for the visa. This does not mean you need job offer from Quebec for applying. The self-test is just to check whether you qualify

As far as your questions are concerned.

1. You need to provide all the information about your family (applicants with you), so you need to provide copy of your birth certificate of each of your family members and copy of passport etc. I provide only these documents. You might also need to fill in information about your parents and siblings.

2. You need to provide atleast your bachelor's and master's and ay other higher degree's diploma not from School.

3. I only provided my Bachelors transcripts and that was sufficient. You could also do the same

4. It would be good if you could provide information about all places you resided in the last 10 years, try to give as much information.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
What does CSQ stand for?

Wait, are you saying we don't need a job offer to apply for Quebec PNP but need one to apply for permanent residence later on? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

The problem with my high school diploma is that I graduated in Belgium. I've since moved and lived in the US for the last 13 years, It would be a pain in the a** to contact them and ask them to send me diploma and transcripts.

Btw, the proof of fund...I have several thousands (US dollar) in my WAMU checking account, I asked them to issue a proof of fund in canadian dollar, but they can only do it in US dollar and refuse to translate into any other currency. So how do you go about obtaining proof of fund in canadian dollar?

loocrepus

Sep 30, 2008
Hi Lakersgo,

Well looks like you have not done your homework on Quebec Immigration. Here is the Quebec Immigration 101 for you.

1. The governments of Quebec and Canada have entered into an agreement, by which Quebec decides on its own immigrants, i.e. they can select the persons who want to immigrate to Quebec., while the Federal Government ensures the security checks and provides the visas for these selected candidates.

2. Unlike the Federal process, the Quebec process involves sending all your documentation to the nearest Bureau d'Immigration du Quebec, Please check this website for more details
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp

3. Once your full application is received, the Bureau d'Immigration du Quebec will check and invite you for an interview.

4. Upon satisfying their requirements both in terms of language and professional aptitude, they give you a CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec), which is basically means that they have completed their part selecting the candidate, now the federal needs to be satisfied

5. After you get CSQ, you need to submit completed federal application forms and some more supporting documents for their approval for getting the Immigration Visa.

6. Once they are satisfied with your application, they will ask you to complete a health check up and ask you submit security clearance certificate for every country you lived in the last 5 years.

7. After this they will ask you to submit your passport to get the visa stamped.

8. Then you need to go to Québec and then apply for permanent resident card, SIN and other documentation.

This is the basics of applying for Québec Immigration.

Now regarding other questions,

You do not need a job to be apply for Québec PNP or permanent residence, you need to apply for permanent residence after you have moved to Québec and even for that you don't need a job there, it would be helpful for you if have job once you reach there to bear the expenses.

You don't need High school diploma at all. If you have all your Bachelors and above diplomas that would be good.

As far as the proof of funds is concerned, you could show that in any currency. I did not even show my bank statement, instead I submitted my last 3 years Tax Returns.

cheers,

loo

bobine

May 5, 2008
he loocrepus
thanks a lot and i'd like to know where you submit your application and
how long it took you to get csq.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
He submitted in HK.

Loocrepus, thanks for answering my Qs.

Did u take the language test? I am thinking since I have both my bachelor's and master's done in the US, I hope I can apply without taking an english test. As for french, I completed high school in belgium (french-speaking school) and have taken intermediate and advanced french during the first two years in the US and have gotten all A's (still have transcripts). This is 10 years ago, do u think they might just let me slip by without taking a test based on my education history?

loocrepus

Sep 30, 2008
Hi lakersgo,

Well I did not take a single language test for this. Since I did my education in English, they never bothered about it. While for French, I could prove during the interview that I could speak French decently, though not fluently. I think thats all was needed for my case, but may change based on each of the center and person who interviews you. My suggestion is apply now and inform them that you will complete any language test based on their request.

As for bobine's question. It took approximately 7 and 1/2 months for me to receive my CSQ from the time of submitting the application.

regards,

Loo

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

It is rather unfortunate to inform you that if you have submitted your application to Quebec and you have not yet been called for an interview nor have got the final decision yet, your application will be processed according to the new rules in effect since August 1st, 2013, no matter when you submitted your application.

Please check this FAQ, specifically answer No. 1
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

Also, please help us to send a complaint to the Minister of Immigration by using the link below, you can send the complaint in either English or French,

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/ecrire.html

Many thanks guys!