+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about PR Application Forms/Work History, Employment Letter, etc

Tuoba_Canada

Aug 16, 2021
Hello!

I am invited to apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class Program, but I am confused about some questions during the application. Thanks in advance to anyone who spare their precious time to help me!
Question 1 - Work History:
IRCC Question: We will assess XXXX current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XXXX score. You can tell us about each job by filling in the fields below. Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.
My Question: From my understanding, this question is not used to track all my previous employment, instead, it is used to evaluate my work experience scores. That said, do I only need to add my current occupation to this field? Does my co-op work term (counted towards school credits) or my part-time job during school (20 hrs/week) need to be added to this question? I cannot even find a NOC code about them. What about the job I did back home, it's just a three months job that I don't think will add any point to my profile.

Question 2 - Personal History:

IRCC Question: Provide the details of XXXXX personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago).
Start with the most recent information. Under 'Activity type', select what XXXXX was doing.

My Question: Do I need to break up my school terms? Because every four months I would go for a co-op work term (which counted as school credits).
Should I put all my part-time job during school time into this field as well?
In one month, I did a job for only ten days. Should I put both employed and unemployed in that month?

Question 3 - Employment Records:
IRCC Question:
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

My question: I only use my primary occupation scores as applying for PR. Do I need a letter from my previous part-time jobs during school as well? Do I need a letter for the job I did back home (three months). I know none of those works is counted as scores.

Thanks again for any help and suggestions!

snp1999

Apr 8, 2023
Hello!

I am invited to apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class Program, but I am confused about some questions during the application. Thanks in advance to anyone who spare their precious time to help me!
Question 1 - Work History:
IRCC Question: We will assess XXXX current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XXXX score. You can tell us about each job by filling in the fields below. Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.
My Question: From my understanding, this question is not used to track all my previous employment, instead, it is used to evaluate my work experience scores. That said, do I only need to add my current occupation to this field? Does my co-op work term (counted towards school credits) or my part-time job during school (20 hrs/week) need to be added to this question? I cannot even find a NOC code about them. What about the job I did back home, it's just a three months job that I don't think will add any point to my profile.

Question 2 - Personal History:

IRCC Question: Provide the details of XXXXX personal history in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago).
Start with the most recent information. Under 'Activity type', select what XXXXX was doing.

My Question: Do I need to break up my school terms? Because every four months I would go for a co-op work term (which counted as school credits).
Should I put all my part-time job during school time into this field as well?
In one month, I did a job for only ten days. Should I put both employed and unemployed in that month?

Question 3 - Employment Records:
IRCC Question:
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

My question: I only use my primary occupation scores as applying for PR. Do I need a letter from my previous part-time jobs during school as well? Do I need a letter for the job I did back home (three months). I know none of those works is counted as scores.

Thanks again for any help and suggestions!
I have the exact same question! What did you do at the end? Did you put all the break from school into personal history including co-ops, part time jobs?

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
If you are claiming points for that period of employment, yes, you need to send proofs (letter + payments slips). If you are not claiming that, so you have just to declare these information in your personal history section.

snp1999

Apr 8, 2023
If you are claiming points for that period of employment, yes, you need to send proofs (letter + payments slips). If you are not claiming that, so you have just to declare these information in your personal history section.
thank you for replying!

I have done a lot of co-op’s, took one semester off plus had more than 20 parttime jobs for the last 10 years! I won’t be flaming any point for those but if I include it in my personal history wouldn’t that make it look so complicated

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
thank you for replying!

I have done a lot of co-op’s, took one semester off plus had more than 20 parttime jobs for the last 10 years! I won’t be flaming any point for those but if I include it in my personal history wouldn’t that make it look so complicated
This is just me, since IRCC stated that you can’t use work experience during your studies so I don’t think it will matter if you put them as part of your personal history.