+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about PNP in BC

park11308

Feb 6, 2009
Hi
I am an international student in Canada for 7 years and now I want to immigrate.

Since I don't have any idea how I immigrate, I need some advice.

questions :
1. Are LMO and working visa the same things?
2. after I get LMO from work place, do I have to work in the same place to apply for PNP?
3. If the work place offerred me LMO, do they have to do anything for me to get PNP?

Thank you for your advices!

ndayananda

Mar 13, 2009
Hi
glad you are thinking of immigrating into BC. I did what you are doing an year ago. The sequence is you get a job, your employer will apply for LMO, LMO is labour market opinion which you need to apply for work permit, which will come in the form of a letter making you eligible to get a work permit onto your passport. You take this letter to a port of entry(border, airport or seaport) and the immigration officer will give you the work permit which will be conditional. At some stage you become eligible for applying to PNP. If you change jobs, you inform immigration (their office in Alberta- assuming you are doing the first job in Canada!) and they will send a new letter and the same process of going to the border to get the work permit onto your passport. Dont worry about changing jobs though- by the time the whole letter and permit happens- you will be ready for PNP!!!
Good luck

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
ndayananda said:
Hi
glad you are thinking of immigrating into BC. I did what you are doing an year ago. The sequence is you get a job, your employer will apply for LMO, LMO is labour market opinion which you need to apply for work permit, which will come in the form of a letter making you eligible to get a work permit onto your passport. You take this letter to a port of entry(border, airport or seaport) and the immigration officer will give you the work permit which will be conditional. At some stage you become eligible for applying to PNP. If you change jobs, you inform immigration (their office in Alberta- assuming you are doing the first job in Canada!) and they will send a new letter and the same process of going to the border to get the work permit onto your passport. Dont worry about changing jobs though- by the time the whole letter and permit happens- you will be ready for PNP!!!
Good luck
Actually he is ALREADY QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR PR STATUS,You are eligible under the International Graduate Category of BC PNP,You dont NEED an LMO to apply for the International Graduate Category of BC PNP,You also are qualified under the CEC Class.You just need a job offer NO NEED FOR LMO and file for BC PNP,Welcome to the Province of British Columbia,Any problems contact me

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
park11308 said:
Hi
I am an international student in Canada for 7 years and now I want to immigrate.

Since I don't have any idea how I immigrate, I need some advice.

questions :
1. Are LMO and working visa the same things?NO
2. after I get LMO from work place, do I have to work in the same place to apply for PNP?YES
3. If the work place offerred me LMO, do they have to do anything for me to get PNP?GIVE YOU A GURANTEED JOB OFFER AND SPONSOR YOU,YOU DONT NEED AN LMO UNDER THE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE CATEGORY

Thank you for your advices!