+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about passport submission timeline

nataliewg

Dec 7, 2014
Hi experts, I'm the July applicant and am planning to go back to my country for about two weeks in late December, my concern is that CIC may ask me to mail my passport around that time. Do you know in how many days we need to send the passport to CIC after receiving their notification email and how soon we can get the passport back? Thank you! :)

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
its for submission. the turnaround time varies.

karinaS

Jul 2, 2015
nataliewg, for example if you receved passport request on 1st of December, +30 days= CIC should receive your passport no later than December 31.

nataliewg

Dec 7, 2014
If I'm outside of Canada when CIC requests my passport and I need the passport to enter Canada after, so can I write a letter of explanation to CIC to ask if the submission date can be extended? What will be the consequence if I fail to submit within the requested timeline? Thank you guys:)

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nataliewg said:
If I'm outside of Canada when CIC requests my passport and I need the passport to enter Canada after, so can I write a letter of explanation to CIC to ask if the submission date can be extended? What will be the consequence if I fail to submit within the requested timeline? Thank you guys:)
The PPR letter should tell you whom to contact should you need to extend that 30 day period

rreimao

Aug 8, 2015
Can I send/receive my passport from outside of canada?
I'm currently living in Canada, but I will spend 4 months in europe starting from October. If during my stay in Europe they request my passport, can I just send it from Europe and ask them to return to my European address?

nymphche

Apr 2, 2015
delay passport request

« on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:18 am »

Hi i need help please.. i received a letter from cic stating for passport request. My problem is i couldnt send my husband's passport in the g8ven timeframe 30 days coz he is currently in the sea as seafarer. His contract will end after 5months .i sent a letter to cic saying about my sitution and i still no responsed from them. Can this be a reason for rejection??please.help me.

rreimao

Aug 8, 2015
rreimao said:
Can I send/receive my passport from outside of canada?
I'm currently living in Canada, but I will spend 4 months in europe starting from October. If during my stay in Europe they request my passport, can I just send it from Europe and ask them to return to my European address?
Anyone?