+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about OWP of my wife

soymilk

Mar 20, 2014
I am master student with student permit.
My wife was a visitor status, and she just got her Open Work Permit.
As I know ppl can study ESL no longer than 6 months with the Visitor Status. But, can she study ESL no longer than 6 months with Open Work Permit?

Also, I am expected to graduate April, 2015, and willing to get a PGWP afterwards. As my status changed from student to worker, is my wife's OWP still valid? need to change? Her OWP expiry date is April 2017.

Thanks

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
soymilk said:
But, can she study ESL no longer than 6 months with Open Work Permit?
Open work permit is for working. As per the CIC website, any course of a duration greater than 6 months requires a study permit. And if I'm not mistaken, a person cannot hold both study as well as open work permit at the same time.

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
HI,
I along with my wife applied for study permit and OWP respectively and my wife got approval and after a week I got rejected. My wife is on Study permit at Canada. Now I want to apply a Visit visa along with my minor child who is aged about 2.5 years. What are all the forms should I fill up for minor girl. I am a practicing advocate in india and I don't have much documents to show my employment. Request senior members of the forum to advice me accordingly. How could I make a strong documentation. Really my child is missing mother's care. Thing of calling her back to India if visa rejects again.

Reasons for my rejection might be my profession.

Rejected for: Travel History, tie in Canada and home country, insufficient funds and purpose of visit

Thank u.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
I think you should have applied as a visitor. Because of your profession, they may have felt you have other reasons for obtaining the OWP.