+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about online application for Visitor Visa

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
Hi All,

I am new here and applying for my parents for visitor visa. They will flying to US on April 23 and then we will visit Canada for a week in May 25. I don't have enough time to help them apply back in their own country and thought maybe faster apply in US.

Does anyone know which method is faster to get the visitor visa? By MAIL or ONLINE? I read many posts here. It seems BY MAIL is even faster than ONLINE sometimes since you at least know where your file goes. Is this true? But the CIC website says ONLINE is on higher priority. So can anyone help me on this?

Looks like Los Angeles office have open hours. Can we still walk in to submit the application even not receiving them on the same day? or if we send by mail, can we check in the status by walking in to LA office?

if we can't walk in and have to go with ONLINE application, I assume that we need to wait one month to get approved and then get the email requesting the passport submission. Correct? But at that time, the passport is not available yet since my parents need them traveling to US. It will take about two weeks for us to send out passports. Is that still ok? or is visa office going to hold on the stamping that long? and then how long does it take for visa office to send passport back? we need them within one month fly to Canada.

I am so frustrating and hard to decide. We really appreciate your help here.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
I can totally understand your point. What did you finally do? I am in a similar situation. I thought going to LA and applying will be the best possible situation for you..