+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about OINP work permit support letter

dustingank

Jul 26, 2023
Hi everyone, I hope all of you are having an amazing day. I'm having some question regarding to the expiration of a Work Permit Support Letter issued by the Ontario Government under the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.

I got my nomination around April, 2023 and I immediately filed my PR application to IRCC, but not my Work Permit application. The reason for that is my currently still have a vaild Post-Graduation Work Permit and it will expired on Auguest 31th, 2024. And I really would like to wait till my PGWP expired first before applying the new Close Work Permit. Also I'm preying my PR application will complete before Auguest 31th, 2024. So here are my questions:
  1. What happens if the Work Permit Support Letter expires?
  2. Can I request an extension or renewal of the Work Permit Support Letter if it has expired?
  3. Currently, I hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit that is valid until next August. Will I still need to use the Work Permit Support Letter to obtain a new work permit?
  4. If I apply and got approve for my new work permit, will my PGWP become invaild?
I have sent serval email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and phone call to the office, but I never able to get reply. It's seems like they are not replying any emails or picking up phone calls, so I really appreciate your helps. Thank you!

Margee patel

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,

I am in same situation like you, Can you please help me to know that how did you get work permit support letter from Ontario government? May i apply my work permit extension with that letter?
I got PNP intrest letter under my express entry profile, but my work permit is going to be expire on 9th Jan 2024. I urgently need to know that how can I get work permit support letter from Ontario government?

please reply me as soon as possile,

Thanks,
Margee