+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about OINP Skilled Trade NOC

phuocpham

Mar 21, 2019
Hello everyone
I have a plan to become a baker (in order to join OINP skilled trade stream). I have read in the NOC 6332 discription recently, they require a College degree majoring baking to be eligible for that NOC . I am currently studying Culinary Management, I have baking course in my program and the program outcome says that I can be a baker after the graduation.
The question is : Is my program (culinary managerment) eligible for Baker 6332?
Thank you

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Very hard for us to know, i would research what the equivalent course in Canada for baking is, and see how well your program fits it.

You can contact the Baking Association of Canada and ask them for program requirements or guidance on the matter: https://www.baking.ca/

Reactions: phuocpham

Chloehuynh

Jul 24, 2018
Hello everyone
I have a plan to become a baker (in order to join OINP skilled trade stream). I have read in the NOC 6332 discription recently, they require a College degree majoring baking to be eligible for that NOC . I am currently studying Culinary Management, I have baking course in my program and the program outcome says that I can be a baker after the graduation.
The question is : Is my program (culinary managerment) eligible for Baker 6332?
Thank you
I was in the same program as yours and have applied to OINP skilled trade. As long as your Canadian experience match NOC 6332 lead statement and duties, you are eligible for OINP skilled trade stream.

mnhi

Jun 26, 2022
I was in the same program as yours and have applied to OINP skilled trade. As long as your Canadian experience match NOC 6332 lead statement and duties, you are eligible for OINP skilled trade stream.
Hi, have you completed your application process yet?
I was in the same program as you and Phuocpham, but it is 2 years dip degree. Is it eligible as the website provides the infor that 3-4 years apprenticeship program is usually required. Look forward for your replying