+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about landing @ Rainbow Bridge

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I went through some posts in this forum to find out the landing experience at Rainbow Bridge, but some answers were not clear. Hopefully, someone can clarify them here :

- If you visit USA, on your way back, can you get off the car before entering the states border office and complete the landing by foot ?
- When you enter USA, you are provided a sticker by the border officer. Are you supposed to return this sticker on your way back ?
- This will sound dumb, but can you get off the car in middle of the bridge and then walk to the Canadian side ?

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
Re: Questions about landing @ Rainbow Bridge

Pearl1 said:
Hi

I went through some posts in this forum to find out the landing experience at Rainbow Bridge, but some answers were not clear. Hopefully, someone can clarify them here :

- If you visit USA, on your way back, can you get off the car before entering the states border office and complete the landing by foot ?
- When you enter USA, you are provided a sticker by the border officer. Are you supposed to return this sticker on your way back ?
- This will sound dumb, but can you get off the car in middle of the bridge and then walk to the Canadian side ?
Lol, this is getting technical. I would say as long as you have a valid US visa. Bring your PP and COPR, just ask the officer there whatever you would like to do, if its not allowed, then don't do it. Because you have all the legal documents, nothing wrong will happen to you.

Good luck, I am also going to land soon!

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016

Pearl1 said:
Hi

Questions #1 and #3: I have no idea.

Question #2: Yes. When you enter USA for flag polling you will receive a document (if I recall correctly it is a yellow document) that you will present to the officer when you re-enter Canada.

Have a happy landing!

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03

Pearl1 said:
Hi

- If you visit USA, on your way back, can you get off the car before entering the states border office and complete the landing by foot ? It is not necessary to go with car for landing. It depends on which border you are choosing for landing in Canada. For example, there is no pedestrian way on Peace bridge at Forte Erie, Niagara but you can walk on rainbow bridge. In short, if it is allowed to cross the border by foot then yes else no.
-
When you enter USA, you are provided a sticker by the border officer. Are you supposed to return this sticker on your way back ? Ideally, you need a piece of paper to show at Canadian border that you existed the country and returning for landing as PR. If you enter USA without valid visa (most of us do, just for landing purpose) then usually they provide you with a rejection letter (not necessarily in yellow color) which will confirm your exit from Canada. Since you will be entering USA with a valid documents, they should give you some sort of document, proving your exit from Canada.
-
This will sound dumb, but can you get off the car in middle of the bridge and then walk to the Canadian side ? No question is a dumb but this one really seems to be dumb :). Where do you park if you stop the car in the middle of the bridge. Remember, once you enter the bridge from either side (USA or CAN) of the border, there is no way you can make a U turn until next end.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Kothem said:
Hi

- If you visit USA, on your way back, can you get off the car before entering the states border office and complete the landing by foot ? It is not necessary to go with car for landing. It depends on which border you are choosing for landing in Canada. For example, there is no pedestrian way on Peace bridge at Forte Erie, Niagara but you can walk on rainbow bridge. In short, if it is allowed to cross the border by foot then yes else no.
-
When you enter USA, you are provided a sticker by the border officer. Are you supposed to return this sticker on your way back ? Ideally, you need a piece of paper to show at Canadian border that you existed the country and returning for landing as PR. If you enter USA without valid visa (most of us do, just for landing purpose) then usually they provide you with a rejection letter (not necessarily in yellow color) which will confirm your exit from Canada. Since you will be entering USA with a valid documents, they should give you some sort of document, proving your exit from Canada.
-
This will sound dumb, but can you get off the car in middle of the bridge and then walk to the Canadian side ? No question is a dumb but this one really seems to be dumb :). Where do you park if you stop the car in the middle of the bridge. Remember, once you enter the bridge from either side (USA or CAN) of the border, there is no way you can make a U turn until next end.
LOL... thanks for detailed answers for each question. May be I did not draft the questions properly.

#1 - I meant, we all are aware that we can enter the rainbow bridge, on foot, from Canadian side. But has anyone, who actually entered states (with a valid visa) for may be a few hours via car (rental or with a friend/someone or bus), and then walked on the way back (entered on foot from states side) ?

#2 - The sticker in reference here was I-94, which you get if you have a valid US visa. Only those, who do not have a valid US visa are provided with an admin rejection note. And you are actually supposed to return I-94 to US border officer on your return.

#3 - By getting off, I meant, if someone is driving with you and you are stuck in "traffic on the bridge". Is it possible that other person can drive the car to other side of the bridge and you can walk off to the office for landing ? :) LOL don't really expect an answer, but just in case, if you realize that getting out of the traffic is going to take a while and you can't wait any longer :D

I am not ready for landing yet, but just curious to know the answers and prepare in advance ;)

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016

Pearl1 said:
LOL... thanks for detailed answers for each question. May be I did not draft the questions properly.

#1 - I meant, we all are aware that we can enter the rainbow bridge, on foot, from Canadian side. But has anyone, who actually entered states (with a valid visa) for may be a few hours via car (rental or with a friend/someone or bus), and then walked on the way back (entered on foot from states side) ?

#2 - The sticker in reference here was I-94, which you get if you have a valid US visa. Only those, who do not have a valid US visa are provided with an admin rejection note. And you are actually supposed to return I-94 to US border officer on your return.

#3 - By getting off, I meant, if someone is driving with you and you are stuck in "traffic on the bridge". Is it possible that other person can drive the car to other side of the bridge and you can walk off to the office for landing ? :) LOL don't really expect an answer, but just in case, if you realize that getting out of the traffic is going to take a while and you can't wait any longer :D

I am not landing yet, but just curious to know the answers and prepare in advance ;)
#2 - Not necessarily. I have valid B1/B2 visa and yet I received the admin refusal paper. I think they only will give you the I-94 if you tell them you want to go to USA for a while (even for some hours). If you tell them you want to flag poll, they will give you the admin refusal to complete the landing at Canadian border.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

luciano_ca said:
#2 - Not necessarily. I have valid B1/B2 visa and yet I received the admin refusal paper. I think they only will give you the I-94 if you tell them you want to go to USA for a while (even for some hours). If you tell them you want to flag poll, they will give you the admin refusal to complete the landing at Canadian border.
hmmm,, okay

what if you enter the country and get an I-94 ? As you are supposed to return it to states border, what proof will you have for canadian border officer ?

carlamco

Aug 7, 2017
Hi! I received my passport back and the coPR, however, no sticker was added in my passport. Is this an issue during the landing/flag pole?