+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about immigrating as an international student

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Everyone,

I am a PR in Canada, working in Ontario.
I want my sister to come to Canada on a student permit. She is in India and is married with a kid.
We're not interested in exploring PNPs as of now.

I wanted to understand a few things. If anybody can help with these, it will be great:
  1. Is it possible for her to get a student permit and come to Canada with a) only her kid, and b) with her kid and spouse?
  2. What are the ways to find courses in a college/university which accept international students? Do all courses accept international students? I am looking specifically at colleges in Hamilton, ON
  3. My sister has a background in life & medical sciences, with a masters degree.
    Any suggestions for short (1 year duration) courses that she can enroll in as an international student?
    Anything like a medical transcription professionals, hospital/clinic administration staff
Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Aman

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi Everyone,

I want my sister to come to Canada on a student permit. She is in India and is married with a kid.

I wanted to understand a few things. If anybody can help with these, it will be great:
  1. Is it possible for her to get a student permit and come to Canada with a) only her kid, and b) with her kid and spouse?
  2. What are the ways to find courses in a college/university which accept international students? Do all courses accept international students? I am looking specifically at colleges in Hamilton, ON
  3. My sister has a background in life & medical sciences, with a masters degree.
    Any suggestions for short (1 year duration) courses that she can enroll in as an international student?
    Anything like a medical transcription professionals, hospital/clinic administration staff
Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Aman
1. Yes, to both (a) and (b),
2. Checking colleges/universities' websites, and making sure they're in the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) List by checking the IRCC website,
3. Don't know much about this, but the courses you've should be available in Hamilton area as they're in high demand in the past few years.
Good luck!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Aman
Your sister's profile screams Not a genuine student and her application would likely be refused. As a Master's holder, she needs to choose a program that progresses and a college program has a low probability of doing that. Add to that, she wants to bring family and it is clear her intention to come to Canada is not for study purpose.