+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about fingerprints Thanks

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the mail asked for my fingerprints a few days ago.

Is it normal that cic only asks for my fingerprints but not my wife's since we sent in our application together? Or cic will always ask for her fingerprints sometime later?

I'm currently not in Canada for some family issues, and I'm going to get my ticket back to Toronto. How long should I stay in Toronto to make sure I can everything done before I leave Canada?

Thank your all :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kurtz said:
I got the mail asked for my fingerprints a few days ago.

Is it normal that cic only asks for my fingerprints but not my wife's since we sent in our application together? Or cic will always ask for her fingerprints sometime later?

I'm currently not in Canada for some family issues, and I'm going to get my ticket back to Toronto. How long should I stay in Toronto to make sure I can everything done before I leave Canada?

Thank your all :)
If you have got fingerprint request, it does not mean that your wife will also get it. It depends upon cic's criteria which results in fingerprint request. The may ask your wife for fingerprints later, if they need it.

Application processing times would be 36 months for non-routine applications( your application is non-routine now because of fingerprint request). If you would like to stay outside canada while your application is under process, make sure someone checks your mail regularly at your canadian address for any additional document request from CIC, test letters etc. If you miss them then it would cause further delays and issues. Also make sure while outside canada you maintain your Residency Obligation (staying canada in 2 out of 5 years)

Here is a helpful link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=911&t=5

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Sam!

does the fingerprints have to done in Canada or otherwise? Where should I call to find out more info on this matter

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kurtz said:
Thank you Sam!

does the fingerprints have to done in Canada or otherwise? Where should I call to find out more info on this matter
Here is the link: The fingerprints have to be done in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

for faster processing of your fingerprints and your citizenship application, go for digital fingerprinting.