+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about filing for AEO

dreamz05

Jul 31, 2010
I have an employer I volunteered to work for more than a year in Toronto. He is willing to provide me with employment. But the problem is while his company is more than a year old, there are no full time workers yet working with him. But It is also a fact that the skills needed for the positiong he is hiring me for requires uniques training and skills for which I had volunteered to learn while working for him. So he cannot hire someone unless they have a prior experience.

Also he genuinely needs me to help him grow business since he cannot be at two places at the same time.

I see that the AEO form asks for copies of remittance forms issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) itemizing source deductions for the previous 12 months (form number PD7A) as well as CRA T4 "Summary of remuneration paid" for the previous tax year. The employer doesnt have these records as there are no employees but he can get a RP number if needed.

The employer said he will get recommendation letters from clients for my work if needed.

What should I do?

PS: I worked with him voluntarily and hence cannot show it as work experience. But the employer and clients who know me are willing to provide with a recommendation leter.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dreamz05 said:
I have an employer I volunteered to work for more than a year in Toronto. He is willing to provide me with employment. But the problem is while his company is more than a year old, there are no full time workers yet working with him. But It is also a fact that the skills needed for the positiong he is hiring me for requires uniques training and skills for which I had volunteered to learn while working for him. So he cannot hire someone unless they have a prior experience.

Also he genuinely needs me to help him grow business since he cannot be at two places at the same time.

I see that the AEO form asks for copies of remittance forms issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) itemizing source deductions for the previous 12 months (form number PD7A) as well as CRA T4 "Summary of remuneration paid" for the previous tax year. The employer doesnt have these records as there are no employees but he can get a RP number if needed.

The employer said he will get recommendation letters from clients for my work if needed.

What should I do?

PS: I worked with him voluntarily and hence cannot show it as work experience. But the employer and clients who know me are willing to provide with a recommendation leter.
1. In other words you worked illegally. You can't "volunteer " that would normally be a paid position.
2. No paid employers, he is extremely unlikely to get an AEO.
3. You better be careful, you may find yourself being removed for unauthorized employment.

dreamz05

Jul 31, 2010
I worked voluntarily because I have studied in the same field and worked in the same field before and thought learning will help strengthen my case when I file.

Like I said he cannot hire since he will have to train new employees for atleast a year before hiring them. Hence he said he can get references from a couple clients in the field to prove the point.

I am talking about a completely genuine case here and hence looking for a solution.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dreamz05 said:
I worked voluntarily because I have studied in the same field and worked in the same field before and thought learning will help strengthen my case when I file.

Like I said he cannot hire since he will have to train new employees for atleast a year before hiring them. Hence he said he can get references from a couple clients in the field to prove the point.

I am talking about a completely genuine case here and hence looking for a solution.
There is no solution, doesn't matter what you call it, you worked without authorization, his business doesn't meet the requirements for either an LMO or an AEO.

dreamz05

Jul 31, 2010
One of the clients has fortunately agreed to help with the employment letter. They meet all the requirements. But is it compulsary for me to work with them once my PR is Processed? This will help me discuss the possibilities further. I would like to do things legally and properly.

PS: Also can the original owner of the company hire me as International student provincial nominee? Again, do I need to work with them for any certain period? He is willing to run an advertorial for a job search too.

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
At this time, there is no requirement that you actually have to work for the employer that provided your AEO - that is, they do not follow-up to see whether you do. However, you are to have the INTENT to do so. Also, this may change eventually and they may follow-up as there have been cases of non-genuine offers of employment.

dreamz05

Jul 31, 2010
Thank you. Which will be a better way?

1. Asking my Original employer to put an ad and try to convince the authorities and file for Student provincial nominee application?

2. Asking the Client to file for AEO and then immigrate as Skilled Worker?