+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about ex husband who is not signing the non accompanying paper

Tetsky

Jan 4, 2015
hi guys,

anyone knows if there will be a hindrance for my application if my ex husband is not signing the document for non accompanying for my 5 years old son. We are not legally separated and annulled. I have an agency which helping as for the affidavit letters from the lawyer. I am solo parent and want to start a new life in winnipeg manitoba with my son. my brother was sponsoring us. Please help.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yes, it will probably make the process a bit longer. CIC takes separating families very seriously, and this is *usually* a trigger for an interview. best thing to do is get all the legal papers ready to submit and see how CIC wants you to proceed without his signature.

i'm a bit confused though, in the first sentance you claim your son is "non-accompanying" - which means he's not coming with you to canada, then at the end, you say you plan to start a new life with him in canada. which is it? is he accompanying or non-accompanying? if he's accompanying you and his father doesn't consent, i believe you will certainly need to prove you have 100% custody of the child.

Positibongpinay

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Hi everyone.I would appreciate any advise from you guys out there who are helping out.I have received my AOR already from CIC.The problem is my me and my husband decided to separate last February.We have a long history of dispute but we tried to work things out though til weve finally decided to end it.He is in the States and not willing to comply with.medical since he is not migrating with us.How will i inform CIO of the matter.i know that i need to declare that he has relinquished his right to migrate.But weve agreed on it verbally and he hasnt sent me an email formalizing our agreement.He said he is filing for a divorce.
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, it will probably make the process a bit longer. CIC takes separating families very seriously, and this is *usually* a trigger for an interview. best thing to do is get all the legal papers ready to submit and see how CIC wants you to proceed without his signature.

i'm a bit confused though, in the first sentance you claim your son is "non-accompanying" - which means he's not coming with you to canada, then at the end, you say you plan to start a new life with him in canada. which is it? is he accompanying or non-accompanying? if he's accompanying you and his father doesn't consent, i believe you will certainly need to prove you have 100% custody of the child.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Positibongpinay said:
Hi everyone.I would appreciate any advise from you guys out there who are helping out.I have received my AOR already from CIC.The problem is my me and my husband decided to separate last February.We have a long history of dispute but we tried to work things out though til weve finally decided to end it.He is in the States and not willing to comply with.medical since he is not migrating with us.How will i inform CIO of the matter.i know that i need to declare that he has relinquished his right to migrate.But weve agreed on it verbally and he hasnt sent me an email formalizing our agreement.He said he is filing for a divorce.
Is this a Family Class sponsorship? It doesn't sound like it is.

Positibongpinay

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
i am under Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program .I am the principal applicant and my husband agreed that he will accom
pany us to Canada when i applied in November of 2013.However he has changed his mind and decided to stay in the Us.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You should really ask your question in the PNP section, since that's where people who would have experience with this would be.