+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada" application

Spartan69

Aug 9, 2017
I wish for my US permanent resident girlfriend to visit my in Saskatchewan in July. I am a Canadian citizen and we have been in a committed relationship for 4 years. She has visited me in Canada in the past and I have visited her in the US.

I understand for her to visit during the pandemic, we need to complete the "application for authorization and statutory declaration for purposes of entry into Canada for extended family members covid-19 emergency orders in council under the quarantine act", form found here
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm0006e-2020-10-09.pdf . I have some questions regarding this form if you could help me please.
1. In section 2 which requires her information, what is the UCI number /FOSS ID?
2. Country of citizenship (as shown in the travel document), if she is a permanent resident of USA is this ok to put USA?
3. Section about "Travel Document", anytime she has visited me in the past it has been a land crossing without a travel document, is a travel document needed? If so how do you get one if you havent been approved to cross the border through this application yet?
4. Does this application need to be mailed to her to sign or can it be signed with an electronic signature?
5. How long does it take for the application to be processed and approved?

Thanks so much for the help.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
I wish for my US permanent resident girlfriend to visit my in Saskatchewan in July. I am a Canadian citizen and we have been in a committed relationship for 4 years. She has visited me in Canada in the past and I have visited her in the US.

I understand for her to visit during the pandemic, we need to complete the "application for authorization and statutory declaration for purposes of entry into Canada for extended family members covid-19 emergency orders in council under the quarantine act", form found here
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm0006e-2020-10-09.pdf . I have some questions regarding this form if you could help me please.
1. In section 2 which requires her information, what is the UCI number /FOSS ID?
2. Country of citizenship (as shown in the travel document), if she is a permanent resident of USA is this ok to put USA?
3. Section about "Travel Document", anytime she has visited me in the past it has been a land crossing without a travel document, is a travel document needed? If so how do you get one if you havent been approved to cross the border through this application yet?
4. Does this application need to be mailed to her to sign or can it be signed with an electronic signature?
5. How long does it take for the application to be processed and approved?

Thanks so much for the help.
1. UCI mention on her visa stamp
2. No. Citizenship is different that Permanent resident. The country which has issued her current passport that country will be her citizenship.
3. Don't know
4. Just email her and get signed then submit online.
5. As per website - 2 weeks.

Spartan69

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply.
1.So she does need to get a visa first?
2.so being that she is a permanent resident of US and not a citizen, we just put permanent rsident?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
1.So she does need to get a visa first?
2.so being that she is a permanent resident of US and not a citizen, we just put permanent rsident?
1. How did she visited you first time in canada? Repeat the process again this time as well.
2. It says citizenship not PR so you must mention citizenship which is not USA.