+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about citizenship

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys...

I wonder if anyone here came as a refugee and made it and got his citizenship or in process?

If someone is here alone ( no family) , will that be a reason to get RQ?

If someone has a part time job of on welfare will that affect his citizenship application?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Whether or not you're issued an RQ is up to the agent handling your case, so what triggers an RQ for you might not trigger an RQ for me.

Having a part time job or being on welfare does not disqualify you for applying for citizenship.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
Hey guys...

I wonder if anyone here came as a refugee and made it and got his citizenship or in process?

If someone is here alone ( no family) , will that be a reason to get RQ?

If someone has a part time job of on welfare will that affect his citizenship application?
1. Check posts by Kingoftherings I believe he/she went through the refugee process for PR (as a minor in a family application) then got Citizenship.

2. Not necessarily but sometimes applicants get RQd if they declare say 4 tears of physical presence in Canada but their under school age kids are back home on the premise that its unlikely for a parent not have seen their kids in 4 years and that there is likely undeclared absences.

3. Depends - if you only work part time or are unemployed but have travel it may or may not trigger an RQ.

As per the Swede there are multiple triggers for RQ and worrying about them is just stressing yourself for no good reason. You could get RQd for program integrity/ quality assurance. The applicant who has a problem with the RQ as per case law is usually if he/she has no paper trail of life in Canada in the 1095 days that would be the usual profile..so if you lived in Canada but never - worked, volunteered, filed taxes, went to school, went to the doctors/ dentists/ opticians etc you are asking for trouble!