+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Citizenship application

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
I am planning to apply for citizenship for my family of four. I am unclear on a couple of issues and I would be thankful if someone can shed some light on these.

1) I know that 1095 is the required number of days in last 5 years in Canada. I would like to know what is sensible number of extra/buffer days over the minimum limit before applying for citizenship?

2) We have lived more than 183 days in last 4 years in our home country and I understand I have to provide police certificate. My question is do I need to obtain and submit police certificate for my 16 year old child?

3) Is it advisable to submit any extra documents like copy of entire passport or tax filing with the citizenship application so as to reduce chance of receiving RQ?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I am planning to apply for citizenship for my family of four. I am unclear on a couple of issues and I would be thankful if someone can shed some light on these.

1) I know that 1095 is the required number of days in last 5 years in Canada. I would like to know what is sensible number of extra/buffer days over the minimum limit before applying for citizenship?

2) We have lived more than 183 days in last 4 years in our home country and I understand I have to provide police certificate. My question is do I need to obtain and submit police certificate for my 16 year old child?

3) Is it advisable to submit any extra documents like copy of entire passport or tax filing with the citizenship application so as to reduce chance of receiving RQ?
1.) i had 1165 extra one month maybe-3 months
2.) il get a police report just in case
3.) i sent all pages of my passport no RQ. Its optional. You just dnt want to send too many unnecessary documenrs like tax forms etc

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
1.) i had 1165 extra one month maybe-3 months
2.) il get a police report just in case
3.) i sent all pages of my passport no RQ. Its optional. You just dnt want to send too many unnecessary documenrs like tax forms etc
Thank you and I must say I find your advice very sensible.

Reactions: ibry